Liquid cooling question

Hey guys so today I was dusting my cousins PC with compressed butane. I noticed if I shaked the can it would get cold, very cold. I continued to play around with it and noticed it can actually temporarily freeze water. So getting to the point is this stuff viable for LC? (I know butane is flammable but it would never reach the correct temperature for it to set a light) Paired with copper tubing I can see a very promisng cooling solution.

no, just no, how would you keep shaking it? with a robot arm? you do know that energy is coming from somewhere so you will have to refill the butane and such, not a cheap way to cool your pc...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Think it's called Phase Change cooling dont know for sure, but it would be inefficient as its about the pressure change in the can so you would need to compress the gas repeatedly

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

no, just no, how would you keep shaking it? with a robot arm? you do know that energy is coming from somewhere so you will have to refill the butane and such, not a cheap way to cool your pc...

I understand what your saying but wouldn't the general motion of the loop replace the need to shake it?

Why clean your pc with butane in the first place?

The air duster he bought was butane

I understand what your saying but wouldn't the general motion of the loop replace the need to shake it?

its the molecules inside the can that need to get energy from shaking,

(im no expert tho but i have quit alot of chemistry classes (4 hours a week) so i think i can make an educated guess)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

if you looking for a good idea for liquid cooling look up Freon liquid cooling. Its the stuff that cools your fridge/icebox. This guy shows how he did it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKG4F8ANu4

GILBERNATA

"They will suck your energy from you -- the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends giving you worthless dross in return, Your inner self will protect you from this."

Phase Change cooling is many times more effective than water cooling (that is not actually what shaking a can of butane does but you want something better than watercooling so here it is). Basically it takes a refrigerator unit and cools your CPU with it. Those things are very expensive but they work very well. They change liquid from a gas to liquid then back again to rapidly cool the CPU. I am not altogether sure I understand how exactly it works but you get very low temps from it. However the unit itself is pretty loud.

Also something being cold does not make it ideal for liquid cooling. Water is effective because it can hold a lot of heat and move it around. A cold liquid is only cold for a short period of time before it either changes to a gas or just resides at room temperature.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Please stop shaking cans filled with compressed gases, it's dangerous. 

This wouldn't end up being a very effective way of cooling your computer. How would you do it? Are you thinking about running butane through the copper tubing?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB