Looking for a good monitor for gaming and some content creation

Ωhmbreon

I'm having difficulty looking for a good monitor to replace my old one. I need something that has good contrast ratio and black levels, but still performs well in games. I would like it to be 27", but 24" is acceptable.  I really don't know what to choose for around $200, but if anyone has a quick suggestion that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm getting rid of my old monitor because it had too much backlight bleed which has been annoying since I've started producing some digital art. Although it was 144Hz, I'd prefer a better image quality over refresh rate. I don't need photography editor levels of perfection, however.

Thanks.

Go ultrawide, my friend.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I really like my Dell SE2717HR, it's a 1080p 27" IPS FreeSync panel, a 6ms response time but that hasn't been a problem yet.

Usually sits around 160-170 USD. I've found it pretty nice for some really basic content creation, and even the occasional music production. With FreeSync enabled, it supports up to 75Hz, by default it's a 60Hz panel.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

23 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I really like my Dell SE2717HR, it's a 1080p 27" IPS FreeSync panel, a 6ms response time but that hasn't been a problem yet.

Usually sits around 160-170 USD. I've found it pretty nice for some really basic content creation, and even the occasional music production. With FreeSync enabled, it supports up to 75Hz, by default it's a 60Hz panel.

I had a similar 24" monitor a little bit ago, but I forget the model number. It had a ton of screen reflection/glare that was very annoying and I could only really use it in the dark. Would that be a problem with this one? Does it also have good black levels and low backlight bleed?