Graphics Card Compatibility

Go to solution Solved by KarathKasun,

Looks like it needs to be single slot too.

Which means you are stuck with a GT 1030...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487373&ignorebbr=1

I received an Optiplex 9020 , SFF case ,from a friend as a farewell gift, but it lacks a Graphics Card (other than integrated ofc). I have no idea of compatible cards , soo can anyone help me out ??

it's specs are :

MainBoard : 0XCR8D (A02)

Processor : Intel Core i5 4570

Thnkz in advance !!

Cap2ture.PNG

Capture.PNG

what's the PSU? wattage/brand/whatever else 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

an LP 1050ti should work for both SFF and tower variants.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

It wouldn't be much faster than the integrated graphics.  If you cant play a game on the integrated graphics, you cant play it on a GT 710.

17 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Looks like it needs to be single slot too.

Which means you are stuck with a GT 1030...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487373&ignorebbr=1

I see, The i will go with the one u suggest, I don't actually want it for hardcore gaming , so I think this should be alright.

Thank you

1 minute ago, JermPro0 said:

I see, The i will go with the one u suggest, I don't actually want it for hardcore gaming , so I think this should be alright.

Thank you

The 1030 should serve your needs fairly well.  AFAIK it can play pretty much all current games with low settings.  Older or less demanding titles can likely use medium.

Wasnt there a single slot 1070 made by Galax ? katana or whatever it was called .. and shouldnt a zotac 1070 mini fit ? not taking into account the PSU issues here 

1 minute ago, Kenjo said:

Wasnt there a single slot 1070 made by Galax ? katana or whatever it was called .. and shouldnt a zotac 1070 mini fit ? not taking into account the PSU issues here 

Neither are low profile/half height.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Neither are low profile/half height.

aha , can always purchase a used 980 and go all linus crazy on it and make it low profile ;)

5 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

aha , can always purchase a used 980 and go all linus crazy on it and make it low profile ;)

Still thinking of the wrong dimension.

It needs to be half height from the pcie slot to the top edge of the PCB.  Cards cant be hacked up to make them low profile.

20 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Still thinking of the wrong dimension.

It needs to be half height from the pcie slot to the top edge of the PCB.  Cards cant be hacked up to make them low profile.

Im sure linus will find a way ;)

Nope, thats a hot pile of trash.  The DDR3 GT 730 (96 shaders) is actually Fermi (!) based, and is just a rebrand of the GT 430.

The only GT 730 worth anything is the GDDR 5 version.

On 3/1/2018 at 8:36 PM, KarathKasun said:

Nope, thats a hot pile of trash.  The DDR3 GT 730 (96 shaders) is actually Fermi (!) based, and is just a rebrand of the GT 430.

The only GT 730 worth anything is the GDDR 5 version.

sry to trouble you again but the card you suggested is a little bit expensive for me ; btw is this one compatible https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GV-N1030SL-2GL-Silent-Profile/dp/B072HRD3CY/ref=sr_1_38?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1520078978&sr=1-38

thnkz

Hate to get back to you so late, been sick and away from the internet.

That may be too thick, the heatsink extends out too far from board.

Why does it need to be single slot?  Is the motherboard smaller that mATX?  My Lenovo SFF had a motherboard that was same width as mATX so plenty of room for a double width card.  The problem with adding a GPU to that would have been the crappy PSU.  If you've lucked out and got a proper SFF PSU then you could look into replacing the case with an aftermarket SFF

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Why does it need to be single slot?  Is the motherboard smaller that mATX?  My Lenovo SFF had a motherboard that was same width as mATX so plenty of room for a double width card.  The problem with adding a GPU to that would have been the crappy PSU.  If you've lucked out and got a proper SFF PSU then you could look into replacing the case with an aftermarket SFF

The Dell in question has the PCIe slot on the edge of the board next to the PSU.

https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94477