Searching for Monitors

Ok, so I have decided to start upgrading my PC and I'm doing parts at different times. I just purchased a new desk and I'm looking for new monitors to go with as my current setup is not the greatest. I currently have an old 32" Vizio TV as my main monitor with an LG 25" ultrawide as a secondary. I am currently looking to upgrade to new monitors. Currently, I think removing the Vizio tv is the best option and getting 2 matching monitors to replace is the best option but not sure. I am thinking of keeping the LG even though the color is off and using it in portrait for documents and other purposes off to the side of the 2 new monitors. So my question is should I 4k, ultrawide, or just 27"  144Hz panels. I do prefer color accuracy so I am thinking IPS panels are going to be more important to me. Please note I also have an Xbox one X which I will be moving to my desk also. Below is what I currently have. Could you please give a recommendation. I Like some of the LG's with the very slim bezels such as this 4k  LG 27UD68-P but not sure if the 4k is worth it or if some of you can recommend some other options. Price is somewhat a factor but if they are around $600 or less  I think it would be fine. I would prefer under that but am open to that. I think a 27" is around the size i would prefer if it is 16x9.

Update: I plan to update my build later this year. So GPU won't really be much of an issue with my current GTX 970.

Second Update: Thoughts about 1 27" either 4k or 144hz panel and one 34" ultrawide. Does anyone have a setup like this and how does it look?

2 minutes ago, Not Your Buddy said:

Ok, so I have decided to start upgrading my PC and I'm doing parts at different times. I just purchased a new desk and I'm looking for new monitors to go with as my current setup is not the greatest. I currently have an old 32" Vizio TV as my main monitor with an LG 25" ultrawide as a secondary. I am currently looking to upgrade to new monitors. Currently, I think removing the Vizio tv is the best option and getting 2 matching monitors to replace is the best option but not sure. I am thinking of keeping the LG even though the color is off and using it in portrait for documents and other purposes off to the side of the 2 new monitors. So my question is should I 4k, ultrawide, or just 27"  144Hz panels. I do prefer color accuracy so I am thinking IPS panels are going to be more important to me. Please note I also have an Xbox one X which I will be moving to my desk also. Below is what I currently have. Could you please give a recommendation. I Like some of the LG's with the very slim bezels such as this 4k  LG 27UD68-P but not sure if the 4k is worth it or if some of you can recommend some other options. Price is somewhat a factor but if they are around $600 or less  I think it would be fine. I would prefer under that but am open to that. i think a 27" is around the size i would prefer if it is 16x9.

Monitor: LG Ultrawide 25UM57

GPU: GTX 970 GAMING 4G

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

keep in mind, that 970 will likely have a hard time managing 4k ultrawide in any sort of gaming situation. You'll be looking at like 10-20fps. The 970 achieves like 60fps on 1440p gaming, none the less 4k UW.

You'd be much better off with dual 1080p 144hz panels as you'll atleast always get a solid 60fps+

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

2 minutes ago, Revamp said:

keep in mind, that 970 will likely have a hard time managing 4k ultrawide in any sort of gaming situation. You'll be looking at like 10-20fps. The 970 achieves like 60fps on 1440p gaming, none the less 4k UW.

You'd be much better off with dual 1080p 144hz panels as you'll atleast always get a solid 60fps+

So I like Ultrawide just for the productivity of them. 4k is just nice overall. However, I plan to upgrade my build next. Sometime later this year probably so the 970 wouldn't be a future problem so that is why I was thinking about 4k or ultrawide also. As the next build would be able to handle much more just not sure what will be out then.

I would definitely look into more of the 34" ultrawide in the 1440p resolution then. It'll be roughly the same height as a 27", and about 1 and 1/3 width wise. I personally use the LG 34UC88 and quite love it.

If your current parts are irrelevant then you should remove them from your original post. It gives the impression you want a monitor for that specific setup.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

I would suggest 1440p instead of 4k given your slight lack of gpu performance, that being said, you do have an Xbox one X which doesn't support 1440p but does support 4k, so if you're looking for a 4k monitor, I wouldn't worry about 144hz necessarily since the Xbox one x wont be able to game at 144fps anyway and it would be very difficult to achieve that frame rate on the 970... Here are my recommendations

4k:
LG 27UD68-P (I know you already are looking at it, its a great monitor for the price)

1440p 144 HZ

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-bmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazon0606-20&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504296818&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer+Predator+XB271HU

My pc specs are as follows:

GTX 1080 GPU

intel i7 6700k CPU

16GB Ram

2TB HDD

500G SSD

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Motherboard

My pc specs are as follows:

GTX 1080 GPU

intel i7 6700k CPU

16GB Ram

2TB HDD

500G SSD

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Motherboard

8 minutes ago, Revamp said:

I would definitely look into more of the 34" ultrawide in the 1440p resolution then. It'll be roughly the same height as a 27", and about 1 and 1/3 width wise. I personally use the LG 34UC88 and quite love it.

If your current parts are irrelevant then you should remove them from your original post. It gives the impression you want a monitor for that specific setup.

I have updated to reflect that and should have made it clearer in the original post I intended to update.  Also, that does look like a nice monitor. any color bleed or anything?

11 minutes ago, balzer45 said:

I would suggest 1440p instead of 4k given your slight lack of gpu performance, that being said, you do have an Xbox one X which doesn't support 1440p but does support 4k, so if you're looking for a 4k monitor, I wouldn't worry about 144hz necessarily since the Xbox one x wont be able to game at 144fps anyway and it would be very difficult to achieve that frame rate on the 970... Here are my recommendations

4k:
LG 27UD68-P (I know you already are looking at it, its a great monitor for the price)

1440p 144 HZ

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-bmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazon0606-20&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504296818&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer+Predator+XB271HU

That's the predicament I'm in currently.  I do more things on my pc so Ultrawide is really nice. So im thinking maybe just get one ultrawide 34" and one 27" all around and maybe just a 4k tv above? It would meet all needs potentially and that Acer monitor looks really nice. I plan to build a new system later so my GPU won't matter as much. just hard to decide without being able to see them and have to get good reviews.