Custom heatsinks?

Mail me to the Moon

Can anyone recommend places to get proprietary heatsinks made in small orders? I want to commission a copper folded fin, but I'm a bit lost at finding a place to get it done.

3 minutes ago, Mail me to the Moon said:

Can anyone recommend places to get proprietary heatsinks made in small orders? I want to commission a copper folded fin, but I'm a bit lost at finding a place to get it done.

a machinist or CNC'ist can help you

1 hour ago, Mail me to the Moon said:

Where are you located, there are places that specialize in making heatsinks and heatpipes but if you provide plans any machine shop can fabricate something for you. 

https://coolingsource.com/

http://thermocoolcorp.com/

Edited by W-L

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Where are you located, there are places that specialize in making heatsinks and heatpipes but if you provide plans any machine shop can fabricate something for you. 

https://coolingsource.com/

I'm up in seattle right now, and I'd love to find a place that specializes in this kind of work, especially given my lack of experience with getting these things drafted.

1 minute ago, Mail me to the Moon said:

I'm up in seattle right now, and I'd love to find a place that specializes in this kind of work, especially given my lack of experience with getting these things drafted.

What are your looking for exactly a stacked fin array for air cooling or something like a skived block for watercooling. 

55 minutes ago, W-L said:

What are your looking for exactly a stacked fin array for air cooling or something like a skived block for watercooling. 

I'm leaning towards a folden fin for air cooling. I want to stuff a 1070 and a ryzen 1700 into this ml06b-e case. Strength is a priority, it's a travel case and it would be awesome to ship it if it ever came up. It would be cool to have both the cpu and graphics card share a heatsink but not necessary; I'm open to ideas.

I have 2 deltas for intakes that would sit where the pcie slots are and another as an outtake where the hdd caddy is in the picture.

As you can see there's not a whole lotta room for clearance, Thanks for the help man.

ml06-e-34right-top-back-inside.jpg

18 hours ago, Mail me to the Moon said:

I'm leaning towards a folden fin for air cooling. I want to stuff a 1070 and a ryzen 1700 into this ml06b-e case. Strength is a priority, it's a travel case and it would be awesome to ship it if it ever came up. It would be cool to have both the cpu and graphics card share a heatsink but not necessary; I'm open to ideas.

I have 2 deltas for intakes that would sit where the pcie slots are and another as an outtake where the hdd caddy is in the picture.

As you can see there's not a whole lotta room for clearance, Thanks for the help man.

That is going to be a very loud computer, if you using a delta fan on there. As for a folded fin it won't provide a massive amount of cooling due to the lack of surface area to say something like a stacked or snapped fin you see in most coolers. Depending on how far you want to go with it you could make an entire side panel a large heatsink plate and have the heat dissipate into that to help with cooling.