SD reader

So my Sd reader stopped working today and i think its just some contacts that are dirty, the reader is soldered onto my laptop's motherboard and it looks like it is just a case where contacts that run straight into the board, however getting to them i cant be too sure of and also i am not sure how to clean them, 

the sd reader is covered by a metal shield like, which i assume all are but the sides are soldered down to the pcb, so i was thinking first try compressed air duster and if that doesnt work, try a swab with isopropyl , 

is this wise or is there a better method , please let me know :)

Also the clicky thingy to know its inserted still works so thats why i think its contact problem, and that my sd cards work on my camera too so yeah 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Your suggested method of cleaning sounds good, just remember to try and not leave any lint behind from using the swab.  The alcohol dries pretty quick too so that is helpful.  Every now and then I remove all the covers off the back of my notebook (Acer Aspire 1751) and use my air compressor to blow it out.  It has removable covers for the drive, ram, battery and a M.2 sata that come off.  Just got to make sure to not spin the fan off the moon when blowing it out.  Been there, seen that, got the T-shirt.  Good Luck.