Best, longest lasting SSD (SATA)

poketman2

As far as I've read Samsung's ssds have been the longest lasting sata ssd's available, although an article reported that their drives begin to fail after about 900TB of traffic but died only after writing more than 2 petabytes of data. What other hard drives do you think will last longer?

just buy and go on with your life

by the time that drive will start to fail, SATA will be as legacy as IDE

before the drive fails, you will want to get a new ssd for more performance.. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

you're overthinking it. they last pretty damn long. like themctipers say just buy and move on stop obsessing about small shit like this.

edit: by the time your drive "fails", a successor will be in the same price point as YOU paid it at 2-4x storage tenfold... if you get what i mean.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

To quote Arch Linux Wiki

"A 32GB SSD with a mediocre 10x write amplification factor, a standard 10000 write/erase cycle, and 10GB of data written per day, would get an 8 years life expectancy. It gets better with bigger SSDs and modern controllers with less write amplification. "

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/improving_performance