WiFi/BT Module for Asrock Z370 Extreme4?

Hello, 

I currently have an Asrock Z370 Extreme4 and noticed unlike other motherboards with integrated Wifi, this one does not have any wifi card, and I'm looking for an AC Wifi/ Bluetooth module that is compatible with the board. I also noticed it doesn't come with those two coaxial connector things for attaching antennas. I don't really need to use Wifi right now but I think if the board has that feature, I might as well take advantage of it. Anyone have any ideas on which modules are compatible? And how exactly I can get the two coaxial plugs? Much appreciated, thank you!

that board doesnt have wireless...and nowhere does it mention that it has that feature

you will either need to get a usb wireless adapter, or a wireless PCI card.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

It's basically just saying there's an M.2 E Key slot... but just do what @Tsuki said since there's no way to have a meaningful antenna. I don't get why they even bothered.

image.png.f3499392a2eb17cdf4e715300cb0404f.png

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

that board doesnt have wireless...and nowhere does it mention that it has that feature

you will either need to get a usb wireless adapter, or a wireless PCI card.

It does if you take a look at the "Slots" section of the specs list: "- 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module". It even has two antenna holes on the I/O shield.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

It's basically just saying there's an M.2 E Key slot... but just do what @Tsuki said since there's no way to have a meaningful antenna. I don't get why they even bothered.

image.png.f3499392a2eb17cdf4e715300cb0404f.png

Bummer :(

19 minutes ago, hingchannnn said:

It does if you take a look at the "Slots" section of the specs list: "- 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module". It even has two antenna holes on the I/O shield.

oh well damn you're right. that'll need something like THIS. but honestly do what i suggested before..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Buy an Intel 8265NGW and an antenna kit off Amazon or eBay.  I use them in my desktop and laptops as upgrades to 866mhz throughput.  I have one in my z270 extreme4 board.  it's the same as yours in that respect.   you will need the small wires from the card to the mono back panel.  I can't remember the type.