Zotac has the worst customer support so far.

DrBonesMcCoy

Contact the retailer for warranty and return. Oem support is the very very very last step. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 2/25/2018 at 6:03 AM, TechyBen said:

There is nothing wrong with your GPU. I think I can find out why and how this is happening.

TechyBen Foo away! Google Foo away! [Connects to a billion webpages and throws out a solution!]

You have a powered HDMI splitter/extender and/or your Monitor is feeding back 5v over the cable, powering just the fans on the GPU. To prove/confirm this, Disconnect the HDMI cable/power/monitor. Then power down, disconnect from the plug, and see if PC still runs.

If the PC still runs, give it to NASA, and they can power the world off it.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, DrBonesMcCoy said:

I have spent the best part of two weeks trying to find this out .__.

Welp, looks like your issue is not with your GPU, but with your splitter! Your powered splitter is for whatever reason feeding some power back into the card, causing the fan to spin.

If you think Zotac customer service is bad, you've never owned a Nextbit Robin and have called Razer support after Razer acquired the Robin project.

Robin owners know that the phones have some...quirks. Those quirks can vary by build month (I'm not kidding) and vary between giant white spots on the screen to the plastic warping to the shape of the battery. For me, I had one of the later build month issues where a bright white dot is on the screen right around the home button.

I called up Razer support. The guy was super nice and super helpful, however he described a RMA process that I just couldn't wrap my head around. Per his words, at the time of my call Razer was sitting on a large stack of Robins just for RMAs and they could just send me one right away...however they won't send it before RMA processing is complete. RMA processing time was to be expected to take at least 3-4 weeks after they have received my Robin back. They could *only* do RMAs, no repairs. Replacement parts were never produced and there will never be replacement parts for the Robin. If you broke your screen, they just gave you a new phone, if you were willing to wait a month for it.

(That was his description of the process, no idea how correct he was.)

His other idea was to return it to the seller I bought it from, get a refund, then buy another. Well, since I bought it for an insanely deeply discounted rate from a seller that was just trying to get rid of unsold stock, any Robin I replace it with was going to cost much more.

Ultimately, it was discovered that for that particular build month, Nextbit put too much silicone under the screen near the home button. The fix was to take your thumb and rub on the white spot with a lot of force. Indeed, that resolved it for me.

Resident smart (car) fanatic and lover of trijet airliners. One day you'll probably see me on one of those "Hoarders" shows, only I'm buried under a pile of 50 smart cars.

Rigs (all named after aircraft )

- DC-10-60 (GTX 1060 Gaming Machine)
- Falcon 550TI (GTX 550 TI Fun ITX Build)

- Legacy 630 (Convertible Desktop/Laptop Experiment)

- A340-750 (Dual Xeon GTX 750 Sleeper)