Does Ram speed matter here?

Hey there,  I recently just picked up a used i7 6700k for around $250 to put in my system with 16gb of 2133 mhz ram and a Gtx 1060 3gb which has been over clocked by using msi afterburner if that is relevant. My question is if it is worth it for me to replace my ram to another 16gb kit of say 3200 mhz or so. I have seen some benchmarks recently that indicate that faster ram is starting to become valuable in gaming. (I mostly use my computer for games). Also, I am not overclocking my cpu as I have a motherboard of the b250 flavor. Is it worth it for me to pick up the faster ram? Or are the gains seen in  gaming low enough for it to be a waste of time to sell my old kit and pick up the faster memory? Thanks for all your input. 

no keep your ram.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

The price you'd pay is definitely not worth it for the slight performance increase on the Intel side. If you had a Ryzen system, then faster RAM makes a greater difference. 

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

If GPU prices weren't so stupid, I would say put your money there for the best increase in FPS. You would probably get slightly better performance with higher speed RAM, but it just wouldn't be worth the money for me personally, especially since RAM prices are stupid too.

Considering that you already have a decent set of working RAM, and the prices of higher-clocked RAM these days, it is definitely not worth your money to go and replace your RAM with some faster sticks. The small performance gain (if any) is too little to justify the cost of buying a new set of DDR4 RAM these days. The increased RAM speed is really only need for Ryzen, Ryzen APUs, or integrated graphics. All of these benefit from faster RAM as shown by many benchmarks that you can find around the internet.

Desktop:  Intel Core i5-6400 | Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB | 1x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Gigabyte H170N-WIFI | Intel 600p 256GB SSD | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHDCorsair CX450M (Gray Version) PSU | Thermaltake Core V1 Mini-ITX Case |

16 minutes ago, Ali Salim said:

Hey there,  I recently just picked up a used i7 6700k for around $250 to put in my system with 16gb of 2133 mhz ram and a Gtx 1060 3gb which has been over clocked by using msi afterburner if that is relevant. My question is if it is worth it for me to replace my ram to another 16gb kit of say 3200 mhz or so. I have seen some benchmarks recently that indicate that faster ram is starting to become valuable in gaming. (I mostly use my computer for games). Also, I am not overclocking my cpu as I have a motherboard of the b250 flavor. Is it worth it for me to pick up the faster ram? Or are the gains seen in  gaming low enough for it to be a waste of time to sell my old kit and pick up the faster memory? Thanks for all your input. 

Have you even tried overclocking your RAM and enabling the XMP orofile to do so. 

*Edit: You can overclock your RAM if you want to, ita easy 

9 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Have you even tried overclocking your RAM and enabling the XMP orofile to do so. 

*Edit: You can overclock your RAM if you want to, ita easy 

After I upgraded my cpu the max XMP profile was 2133.

9 minutes ago, Ali Salim said:

After I upgraded my cpu the max XMP profile was 2133.

For intel CPUs, RAM speed doesn't really matter that much because of the way the ring bus design works with intel CPUs works. Of course, if you got 3200MHz RAM you would see minor performance improvements over 2133MHz memory, so in my opinion, I see no need to upgrade your RAM. Its like anything, if you are experiencing performance deductions in gaming and everyday use, then an upgrade would be acquired by your needs. 

EDIT: Ask yourself, am I not happy with the current performance I'm getting at the moment 

Its only worth it if you have a 144hz monitor and you play competitively. Games like PUBG will show up big differences.