NZXT Kraken X62 performing like it should?

I have an Intel i7-4790 and I recently replaced my air cooling with the Kraken X62. I am getting about 40°C. I've seen people pushing the 20°C mark and I just want to know if I did something wrong when installing it.

12 minutes ago, ZEYDYBOY said:

I have an Intel i7-4790 and I recently replaced my air cooling with the Kraken X62. I am getting about 40°C. I've seen people pushing the 20°C mark and I just want to know if I did something wrong when installing it.

Is that idle temps? It varies depending on your ambient temps as you cannot go lower than your surroundings but more importantly what are your load temps? 

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

Is that idle temps? It varies depending on your ambient temps as you cannot go lower than your surroundings but more importantly what are your load temps? 

My idle temps is 40°C. My ambient temps are usually 23°C in my room and my graphic cards idle at 35°C. During work my CPU has not passed 65°C

34 minutes ago, ZEYDYBOY said:

My idle temps is 40°C. My ambient temps are usually 23°C in my room and my graphic cards idle at 35°C. During work my CPU has not passed 65°C

Those are all reasonable temps, a little warm on idle but nothing to worry about. You can try remounting to see if it improves. 

Nothin weird about that. I've got an OC'd R5-1600 on a 240 rad and idles at 37, gaming load 60something

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I have the same cooler and the K version of your cpu. someone told me a while back to flip the back plate around so the posts face away from the back of the board and mount it that way. they said it gets it more snug against the cpu thus making better contact. if you decide to try this let me know if it works. im waiting on my motherboard to return from RMA or else i'd try it myself lol.

running the x62 with an 8700k after about 2 hours of destiny 2 my cpu min temp was 29c and max was 60c the pump liquid maxed at about 38c as soon as i stopped playing temp went down to like 40c after that it takes a bit for the liquid to cool down on idle and lowe the temp.