Working on a Website

I want to start a local business in the near future that installs basic home technology, so the first thing that I am doing in my spare time is creating a website.  I have spent a good week on this website, but it is no-where near done.  If anybody is willing to look at it and give their opinion, I would greatly appreciate that.

(I am currently using a free domain service )

- Link removed -

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

TheGodlyJorts

Edited by wkdpaul

There are a lot of typos and the photos are too low res.

I'm gonna be nitpicky. BTW this is farbetter than I could have done so pat yourself on the back frist.

1. With adblocker, icons at the bottom don't end up well
    1. Spoiler

image.png.92961e8adbd970cc54dce29e2357890a.png

2. Assets used look low-quality and compressed

3. For your other pages (not index), you don't want to have the ".html" extension at the back

4. Choose a better fall-back font

1. Spoiler

image.png.c23868e25addea4286b01e49ce1865d4.png 

5. Background white looks off... somehow.

6. No way to get back to root directory by clicking on logo in top-left

7. For the Phone button in "Contact Us", when you highlight it no circle comes out of the middle.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

There are a lot of typos and the photos are too low res.

Yeah, I am aware of the thousand of typos, I haven't even come up with descriptions for most of the spaces. 

I know that some of the pictures are low quality, but I plan on replacing the majority of the pictures with my own pictures that I plan to take when I  am ready to launch the business.  

I was looking more for feedback on the UI / layout of the website. (I know I didn't state that).

Thank you for your input!

I generally like it. Looks better on the phone, but works better on the PC. Item spacing is wonky on mobile. The styling varies a bit too much from page to page, so it kind of takes me out of it in terms of the site being cohesive. As @bob51zhang said, not being able to get back home is something that makes it difficult to browse around. And basically everything else he said. It'll look nice when polished.

13 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I'm gonna be nitpicky. BTW this is farbetter than I could have done so pat yourself on the back frist.

1. With adblocker, icons at the bottom don't end up well
    1.   Reveal hidden contents

image.png.92961e8adbd970cc54dce29e2357890a.png

2. Assets used look low-quality and compressed

3. For your other pages (not index), you don't want to have the ".html" extension at the back

4. Choose a better fall-back font

1.   Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c23868e25addea4286b01e49ce1865d4.png 

5. Background white looks off... somehow.

6. No way to get back to root directory by clicking on logo in top-left

7. For the Phone button in "Contact Us", when you highlight it no circle comes out of the middle.

1. That is weird... Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
  2. Yeah... when I actually go to launch the business I am going to create my own custom images to replace everything.
  3. Thanks, I will look into how to do that!
  4. ok, will do!
  5. idk what else to change it to...
  6. Good point.  (I wasn't going to really work on the navbar until I created all the pages)
  7. Yeah, that was intentional because there wasn't an action linked to that btn, but now that you mention it, it does seem off so I will re-add it.

btw thanks for all the help!  It is greatly appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

I generally like it. Looks better on the phone, but works better on the PC. Item spacing is wonky on mobile. The styling varies a bit too much from page to page, so it kind of takes me out of it in terms of the site being cohesive. As @bob51zhang said, not being able to get back home is something that makes it difficult to browse around. And basically everything else he said. It'll look nice when polished.

Yeah, I have a little work to do to make it more responsive (look good on all screen sizes).  Personally, I thought I maintained a relative theme throughout the website, but ill look into making it more similarly structured.  I haven't worked on the navbar really at all, and don't plan on it until I have created all the pages, but I am definitely adding a link to the home page on that img.

Thank You for your input, I great;y appreciate the feedback!