VR choices

Ironslade

Hiya i'm contemplating getting a VR headset and not sure which rout to go. At the moment a new rift with controllers and sensors is about the same price as a second hand Vive with controllers and sensors,or £200 more new. Is the Vive worth getting second hand or the extra money over the Rift

2 minutes ago, Ironslade said:

Hiya i'm contemplating getting a VR headset and not sure which rout to go. At the moment a new rift with controllers and sensors is about the same price as a second hand Vive with controllers and sensors,or £200 more new. Is the Vive worth getting second hand or the extra money over the Rift

you could use google cardboard :D

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

lmao i feel it might not be the best experience for room scale

it's not.  I recently got the Rift 6 days ago and can't stop using it.  I would suggest getting the rift considering the only benefits to vive are more games and more comfortable w/ glasses.  I have only good things to say about the rift and I don't think its worth getting a second hand vive or pay 200 extra.

16 minutes ago, Ironslade said:

The Vive is not worth the extra money unless there's some special consideration to be made - wanting to wear glasses inside the headset for example (not that the Vive is perfect for that, but there is more room than in the Rift).

The other question is whether to wait for new headsets, but there only seem to be more expensive options coming this year, or low-end mobile/standalone stuff. So the Rift still sits pretty strong in the middle, as an affordable PC-based option.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The Vive is not worth the extra money unless there's some special consideration to be made - wanting to wear glasses inside the headset for example (not that the Vive is perfect for that, but there is more room than in the Rift).

The other question is whether to wait for new headsets, but there only seem to be more expensive options coming this year, or low-end mobile/standalone stuff. So the Rift still sits pretty strong in the middle, as an affordable PC-based option.

totally agree

thanks for your replies was thinking new rift just so i have the security a warrenty

36 minutes ago, Ironslade said:

Wait for the Vive Pro

Rift is pleb tier

Also what are your PC specs?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Rift all day.  As long as you get good extension cables for your HMD and your sensors, the Vive has 0 benefit over the Rift right now, and the Touch controllers are SO MUCH better.

specs are 1080 strix boost to 2100 and 3770k @ 4.7 16 g 2133 ddr3 and think pro will be out of my price range

5 minutes ago, Ironslade said:

specs are 1080 strix boost to 2100 and 3770k @ 4.7 16 g 2133 ddr3 and think pro will be out of my price range

Very likely worth saving up for if you're serious about VR

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

hmm might wait see reviews and pricing cheers for input