GTX 970 OC Problem

Popi
Go to solution Solved by Jessekiller101,

try on stock voltage and put power limit to its max. then try a little lower core/memory oc and see if that helps. 

Hello.

I've got a little problem with my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB overclock.

About a year ago I used to run this card with these setting on MSI Afterburner:

Core Voltage: +0mV

Power Limit: 110%

Core Clock: +167MHz

Mem Clock: +500Mhz

And I had absolutely no problems, no crashes/spikes in GPU usages or anything..

I passed about 8 benchmarks out of 10 with Unigine Valley with +0mV Core Voltage, GPU usage didn't drop down a single bit, nor saw any artifacts.

But unfortunately at the moment I even have problems with stability when I bump my Core Voltage upto +89mV. (With the same Core and Mem clock)

I've yet tested only FortNite gameplay and with overclock on gpu usage spikes from 99% to 0% and crashes game. Also PerfCap Reason sometimes shows up "Pwr", though MSI Afterburner states that GPU is not hitting Power limit (Which is set to 110%, it's between 95-108%)

Would my only option be to lower Mem/Core Clock?

I'd appreciate some help. Cheers

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

try on stock voltage and put power limit to its max. then try a little lower core/memory oc and see if that helps. 

2 hours ago, Thunder87 said:

I have the same card in my pc, if it already overclocked there's no need to clock it even more.

I'm not overclocking it further. I did not run that overclock for some time.. And then when I got back to running that overclock, it was not stable anymore..

I did not really understood you, you might've meant that there is no point of overclocking your card further because it came from MSI with a slight overclock.. I'd let everyone decide by themselves whether it's beneficial/needed or not.. 

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||