Reference 780ti?

bmxtricky5

I have a reference 780ti was that a bad idea? i had a conflict though i wanted the hot air out of the back of my case. Just a question was it a bad idea?

More info: Soon i hope i want to put a water block on it but that could be like anytime this year(including 2014)

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Was it a bad idea? Don't think so. I don't think it was a particularly good one either.

*shrug*

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Was it a bad idea? Don't think so. I don't think it was a particularly good one either.

*shrug*

Figured as much ehh what evs i ill not overclock it to much i guess

Do they make any 780's with non reference blower coolers?

Ya they got the evga acx cooler, i wanted it to blow out the back of my case... so ehh

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Figured as much ehh what evs i ill not overclock it to much i guess

Ya they got the evga acx cooler, i wanted it to blow out the back of my case... so ehh

That is a dual fan case exhaust cooler, I want a rear exhaust non reference cooler.

That is a dual fan case exhaust cooler, I want a rear exhaust non reference cooler.

Riiiiiiight lol i read "Is there anything else but the blower"

umm ya i dont think so..

I have a EVGA 780 ti reference, even when i had the option to buy the ACX option, I have no regrets, especially

with that beautiful looking cooler, and it runs very cool as well to begin with, even with OC i don['t get above 76C
so, all in all, you should be pretty happy with it

I have a reference 780ti was that a bad idea? i had a conflict though i wanted the hot air out of the back of my case. Just a question was it a bad idea?

More info: Soon i hope i want to put a water block on it but that could be like anytime this year(including 2014)

Considering the 780 K|ngP|n might come out soon.. Might have been.. .

I dont think there is much of a difference between reference and non reference cards. I would look at the actual engineering put into non reference card's pcb. You can always swap out the reference coolers with a after market cooler.

Considering the 780 K|ngP|n might come out soon.. Might have been.. .

well i would have not had any money for it...I had to get my dad to cough up some money as it was.

I'm getting the Windforce edition soon which might cool slightly better but the reference cooler looks awesome.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree!