Internet down after reinstalling Windows

Go to solution Solved by .Ocean,

Windows doesn't have drivers for every single obscure piece of hardware that might be installed. You need to either use the cd that came with your motherboard to install the network drivers (and all the other ones) FOR THAT MB (and then update the using your internet connection of course).

Or download them on a separate device like a laptop and move them onto a usb so you can install them on your computer.

Hello,

today I upgraded my cpu from an FX 6300 to a ryzen 3 1200 with the Asrock b350 pro 4 mAtx and after upgrading my pc became slow with everyday tasks like opining files and browser and i think the lag is because of the Oc or something so i reseted the bois but it was still too slow so I thought i Could format my HDD and reinstall windows but now my Internet stopped working with ethernet and when troubleshooting it says ethernet doesnt have a valid IP configuration and I tried restarting pc , unplugging cable from router and pc and reinstalling the network adapter driver but nothing helped.

ideas ?

Did you install network drivers?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Did you install network drivers?

Everything was installed by defult during the windows reinstall 

plus I dont have internet to install them anyway ?

Windows doesn't have drivers for every single obscure piece of hardware that might be installed. You need to either use the cd that came with your motherboard to install the network drivers (and all the other ones) FOR THAT MB (and then update the using your internet connection of course).

Or download them on a separate device like a laptop and move them onto a usb so you can install them on your computer.

2 hours ago, .Ocean said:

after a painful process I updates the drivers and its working fine now 

thanks !

11 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

dont forget to mark as resolved

Thanks for the reminder I almost forgot ?