Ek d5 pump combo configuration

Hey there, I was looking at perhaps getting a Ek D5 pump combo, and was wondering if it could be run in a configuration where the liquid could enter in the top and leave at the bottom, rather than using the dedicated in port at the bottom. 

Where the liquid enters the reservoir doesn't matter, so yes, you can run it that way. Depending on the combo unit you go for, you may need to buy a multi-port top in order to be able to have have the inlet port at the top as you'll need at least two ports at the top in order to fill the loop. 

9 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Where the liquid enters the reservoir doesn't matter, so yes, you can run it that way. Depending on the combo unit you go for, you may need to buy a multi-port top in order to be able to have have the inlet port at the top as you'll need at least two ports at the top in order to fill the loop. 

Would I then be able to drain it from the in port at the bottom?

1 minute ago, Jumper1971 said:

Would I then be able to drain it from the in port at the bottom?

Well, if you took the fitting out from the bottom port on the reservoir, the res would drain, yes. However, if you're planning on adding a drain port to your loop, you generally want it to be as low down as possible, so I wouldn't really advise putting it on the res. Where you put it really depends on the loop layout.