odd graphic issues

Dake21

Good day everyone,

I have some graphic problem and I am completly confused about what's going on.  I bought a RX480 graphic card a little than a year ago and since a certain driver update in the fall the graphics appears pixelated on occasion.  In games there seems to be a lot of particules and pixels, particularly when game are demanding like lots of explosions. On the desktop and web browser the letters looks like they come out of the bios.  Oddly enough only the browser Edge looks fine.  

When I first got the card I had issues to install it and the computer would not recognize it.  After many attempt at installing different drivers of different date I finally managed to have it working.  Because of this the overall visual appearance is garbage and I think my laptop with a 970M looks better.  I had no problem playing Mass Effect Andromeda on high but now I cannot play it on low graphics, the FPS is too low.

I thought the graphic card was the problem so I uninstalled the drivers, reboot, reinstalled them and reboot again.  No luck.  I then decided to uninstall the driver again, shut off the computer, remove the graphic card and plug the HDMI cable on the motherboard to use the Intel integrated graphic to see if the card was the problem.  To my surprised, nothing has changed.  The display is still in 1920x1080 with the shitty graphic as if the RX480 was still there but there is no trace of the RX480 physically in the computer and there is no AMD files/drivers and no signs of it in device manager either.  So I'm confused.  Usually a graphic problem would be caused by a graphic card, right? 

So here are my specs and I hope I didn't miss anything.

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bits (upgraded from 7, which is also upgraded from Vista if that matters.)

Sys manufacturer: Gateway

Sys model: FX6850

Processor: i7-2600 CPU @3.4 GHz

Memory 16G

GPU: Asus Radeon RX 480 4G VRAM

Could it be something else than the GPU? 

Maby GPU is not installed properly in pcie slot, or psu is failing to supply power to gpu. It could also be the GPU needs an RMA.

Try maby reinstalling GPU into pcie slot and reconnecting it to PSU.
If PSU is modular make sure everything is plugged in properly.

When you tried reinstalling drivers did you use DDU?

Reinstalling windows might also fix it.

If i were you I would reinstall windows, maby in uefi mode, since you have upgraded your system so much system might have gotten a little messed up.

When I said I removed the graphic card I meant removed from the PCI slot and disconnected from the PSU.  It did not fix the issue.

I have checked everything is plugged in properly and it appears to be.

I am not sure what DDU is.  After a quick google search it says it's a Display Driver Uninstaller?  I was using apps & feature to unistall the drivers.  After unsintalling there was no trace of any drivers using the search function and browsing in the C drive.