Need help optimizing my PC

Camelsmaycry

Hey 

I just upgraded my PC and it really took a huge chunk from my bank account, I wanted to understand a little bit more about mining as a few friends suggested mining since I own 2 1070's but they said I need to optimize it for mining (the main use is for gaming and video editing not mining as I make videos as a side business)

my specs are 

Cpu: 8700k with a 140mm nzxt AIO

Motherboard: Rog maximus code

Gpus: 2x 1070 strix

PSU: AX 860i by corsair

Ram: 32GB (4x8GB) corsair dominators running at 3000MHZ

Im thinking about getting the nzxt h700i case with nzxts rgb fans in the future but cant afford it right now (that why I want to use mining)

a friend suggested using nicehash but everyone told me if I dont optimize its worth it 

28 minutes ago, Camelsmaycry said:

Hey 

I just upgraded my PC and it really took a huge chunk from my bank account, I wanted to understand a little bit more about mining as a few friends suggested mining since I own 2 1070's but they said I need to optimize it for mining (the main use is for gaming and video editing not mining as I make videos as a side business)

my specs are 

Cpu: 8700k with a 140mm nzxt AIO

Motherboard: Rog maximus code

Gpus: 2x 1070 strix

PSU: AX 860i by corsair

Ram: 32GB (4x8GB) corsair dominators running at 3000MHZ

Im thinking about getting the nzxt h700i case with nzxts rgb fans in the future but cant afford it right now (that why I want to use mining)

a friend suggested using nicehash but everyone told me if I dont optimize its worth it 

Dont mine. Bitcoin is going down, and you will just fuck up good hardware + everyone hates miners.

Not to be harsh, but please don't.

Mining is causing so many problems for the PC gaming community.

It's the reason why a gtx 1070 costs as much as a 1080 on launch day right now.

Plus, two graphics cards won't get you far anyways and yes you're going to strain the hell out of your hardware.

13 hours ago, goraga112 said:

Dont mine. Bitcoin is going down, and you will just fuck up good hardware + everyone hates miners.

9 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Not to be harsh, but please don't.

Mining is causing so many problems for the PC gaming community.

It's the reason why a gtx 1070 costs as much as a 1080 on launch day right now.

Plus, two graphics cards won't get you far anyways and yes you're going to strain the hell out of your hardware.

I guess that is true I guess ill be saving for a couple of months 

Thanks for the advice as I have not thought about it all the way if anything happens to my gpus I wont be able to replace them with these crazy prices and I wont be part of the problem