PC frozes and SSD turns into 100% use

uriv1999

Hi, 

lately i'm having sume issues with muy PC, sometimes I'm using it and it freezes and the usage of my SSD turns to 100% the same time that my computer frozes, I don´t know how to fix it, if i was a hard drive i would understand the problem beacause it has to search trought the information and it can be a little slow, but i cant find any information of this behavious of my SSD. Do you know what's this problem about and how to fix it?

Are you certain that during that time there isn't some background program using all that bandwith? Perhaps it's an old drive? SSDs can fail in different ways.

2 minutes ago, NMS said:

Are you certain that during that time there isn't some background program using all that bandwith? Perhaps it's an old drive? SSDs can fail in different ways.

I've  checked multiple times that fact, i also formated the SSD and with a fresh copy of windows is doing it again. I don´t discart the possibility that is getting old, because i bought it in february 2014

2 minutes ago, uriv1999 said:

I've  checked multiple times that fact, i also formated the SSD and with a fresh copy of windows is doing it again. I don´t discart the possibility that is getting old, because i bought it in february 2014

Then it's probably failing. But to be 100% certain, perhaps you can put it into another system to test? Your friend's system for example if you have no secondary computer. But yeah, my bet is on the failing drive.

Remember, this isn't HDD, SSD work and fail in different ways.

Just now, NMS said:

Then it's probably failing. But to be 100% certain, perhaps you can put it into another system to test? Your friend's system for example if you have no secondary computer. But yeah, my bet is on the failing drive.

Remember, this isn't HDD, SSD work and fail in different ways.

Ok i will try to put it on another system, tahn you for the advice. :)

Have you checked the drive's health?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Eibe said:

Have you checked the drive's health?

How can i check it?

Just now, uriv1999 said:

How can i check it?

Usually there are software provided by the manufacturer of the driver. Samsung and Crucial provide them for their drives. Just google "[ssd brand here] ssd health program". 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

9 minutes ago, uriv1999 said:

How can i check it?

crystaldiskinfo

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.