Dual bay D5 Res choices

hey guys im looking at getting an upgrade on my loop this christmas and im wondering which res would be a better choice.

im stuck between the 

XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in Reservoir

or

Alphacool Repack Single Laing D5 Dual 5.25 Bay Station

if there is any issues with either one of these i would love to know as im leaning more towards the XSPC as it is cheaper and looks cleaner IMO.

P.S before anyone says its a pain to bleed a bayres i have seen that alot and im willing to try it for myself and with my current case i dont have a side window and can be a pain to check my levels,

so i would rather a bay res as it will be easier to see for me

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

hey guys im looking at getting an upgrade on my loop this christmas and im wondering which res would be a better choice.

im stuck between the 

XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in Reservoir

or

Alphacool Repack Single Laing D5 Dual 5.25 Bay Station

if there is any issues with either one of these i would love to know as im leaning more towards the XSPC as it is cheaper and looks cleaner IMO.

P.S before anyone says its a pain to bleed a bayres i have seen that alot and im willing to try it for myself and with my current case i dont have a side window and can be a pain to check my levels,

so i would rather a bay res as it will be easier to see for me

the Alphacool radiates noise really bad over the old acrylic XSPC. now with the Delrin

res, it isn't so bad. dual D5 i'd use neither.. D5 is a quite pump when bled properly. but

c'mon, a constant buzz like a pair of hear shears. you might look into Monsoon bay/res

and see if they have the same tendencies..

I have had a look at the monsoon bay result and I don't think it is worth the price tag it carries but I know they are a premium company which is the reason for the price. As you started about noise it doesn't bother me as I use a headset and the case I've got

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

They're no more premium then any other Chinese sourced OEM manufacturer, don't buy into the marketing.

If you really want a bayres for easier fluid level checking, get one without a pump. Combo bayres are a product that has never quite worked as advertised.

Personally, I've only used the XSPC model but I get the feeling from that picture that the Alphacool model will be much easier to work with for the said reason of ease of bleeding.    It appears that the inlet doesn't feed the pump directly on the Alphacool one which is what makes a lot of bay res difficult to work with.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Personally, I've only used the XSPC model but I get the feeling from that picture that the Alphacool model will be much easier to work with for the said reason of ease of bleeding. It appears that the inlet doesn't feed the pump directly on the Alphacool one which is what makes a lot of bay res difficult to work with.

how easy is it to change the speeds on a vario once its installed as i have seen a few who say its not easy

They're no more premium then any other Chinese sourced OEM manufacturer, don't buy into the marketing.

If you really want a bayres for easier fluid level checking, get one without a pump. Combo bayres are a product that has never quite worked as advertised.

well i dont want to have to pay extra to get them seperately as i want short runs and limited space due to my case and current setup

Spoiler

how easy is it to change the speeds on a vario once its installed as i have seen a few who say its not easy

well i dont want to have to pay extra to get them seperately as i want short runs and limited space due to my case and current setup

It wont be easy to get to the speed dial as it covered by a plexi box in the XSPC one. Might want to get a PWM D5 if you can if you want the XSPC one. Also you can get pump res combos already pre-assembled I think it costs maybe 10 dollars more if go that route. 

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

It wont be easy to get to the speed dial as it covered by a plexi box in the XSPC one. Might want to get a PWM D5 if you can if you want the XSPC one. Also you can get pump res combos already pre-assembled I think it costs maybe 10 dollars more if go that route. 

i have had a look at my store and they dont have the PWM version they only have the vario version. plus the only preassembled ones that they have is the dual d5 ones and they are alot more and i dont need that much power

Spoiler

I got the Monsoon series 2 premium res, it is amazing, really good quality, really good vibration-dampening. Pump is dead silent, its awesome! 

in a few months u wont care about the extra money u spent on the res compared to the other ones:)

I would stay away from XSPC out of the 2 alternatives, alphacool is a better alternative of the 2, i was thinking about getting the alpacool too, but desided to go with the monsoon in the end.

Gamingpc: i7-2600K @4.6 Ghz | Corsair LP 16 gb @1600mhz | 2x 7970 @ 1125/1575 | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Silverstone Fortress 2 BW | Corsair AX850 | Samsung 830 256gb
Watercooling: Pump: D5  | Rad: Magicool 3x180mm | Res: Monsoon series two D5 Premium | GPU-block: EK 7970 Acetal/Nickel | CPU-block: EK supreme HF Acetal/Nickel

Peripherals: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Sennheiser PC360 G4ame | M-Audio Bx5 D2 | Ducky Shine Cherry MX Brown w. O-ring mod | Qpad 5k |  Dell U3011 & U2312HM