Need Help on a project

Hi i am working on a project and i need your help.I must come up with a setup for a Gaming Centre. So there will be 50 High End gaming Computers But all of them need to work diskless ,So i need A server From which to boot 50 computers diskless . and the server must be able to handle it, i am in a dilemma which cables do i use,wich NIC-s , what server spec. ,what switch because 48 ports isn't enough ,and all that stuff

Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Резултат слика за linus tech tips icon

It has been a pain in the B"
To update,Keep track,install new software ,games ,on every PC , PC by PC
we are moving to a new location so we want diskless 

(Install software on the server WHOLLA software For everyone

9 minutes ago, MihaTheHoodieGuy said:

It has been a pain in the B"
To update,Keep track,install new software ,games ,on every PC , PC by PC
we are moving to a new location so we want diskless 

(Install software on the server WHOLLA software For everyone

thats a terrible method of doing things , 50 machines trying to pull data from a single source will just cripple the machines performance

would be easier to simply make one machines drive the way you want it , then just clone it 50 times.

the way you're doing it is like how the commodore pet worked back in the 70's with a classroom of machines sharing one floppy drive. 

Yes i know buy we are changing things very often so a clone will work well only for the first 2 days

For the software part of things I would suggest looking at disk replication/cloning software. Setup a base image and push that to all the machines and then you can update a single image and have it pushed down to all the computers every night after you make an update. I would suggest a server with at least 2x 10Gig ports and enough high speed storage and processing power to distribute the image to all the machines in a timely manner.

For the networking side check out Ubiquiti.

I would recommend at least a 48 port + 24 port gigabit switch or even two 48 port gigabit switches, depending on how much extra stuff you'll have

Then an aggregation switch with some extra 10gig ports for the servers and to connect the switches to for the least amount of bottlenecking.

Maybe poke around at different vendors too but it's a good starting point.

Links:

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-2448/

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-16-xg/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

So basically you are trying to build a thin client like session. All I can say is good luck.