Password Saver in a Batch Files

Hello, I'm quite new to programming and right now I'm teaching myself some batch file things. I was wondering if it was possible to create a password saver in a batch file and then put a password on the batch file to protect said passwords. If anyone knows if this possible could you please help me out. Thank you

i mean.. you could, but why?  just put them all in a normal notepad file and password that.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I mean I could, but wheres the fun in that. I just want to try to challenge myself to do something so I can get better at these types of things

1 minute ago, Pangea2017 said:

commandline can store values and accept xor, nor, and, not, or

this makes it possible, no idea how to get good random numbers.

Alright thank you very much

Maybe you could store your passwords in Windows batch however this is the least secure thing I've seen since I found out one of my colleagues was using password1 as their Windows password...

Theoretically it's possible but anyone would just be able to open the batch file and read the passwords.

You should probably look into a programming language like C or C++ and use some encryption classes rather than this insecure plain text idea.

I personally prefer C# however a lot of people on here would say something along the lines of that is uses a bunch of classes and stuff that is not required.

Windows batch is a great start to the fundamentals of scripting but it is basic.

Something like Python is a great for learning. 

Here is a great website you can use to learn all sorts of code: https://www.codecademy.com/

Good luck,

Regards,

Leon.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:46 PM, leonfagan71 said:

Maybe you could store your passwords in Windows batch however this is the least secure thing I've seen since I found out one of my colleagues was using password1 as their Windows password...

Theoretically it's possible but anyone would just be able to open the batch file and read the passwords.

You should probably look into a programming language like C or C++ and use some encryption classes rather than this insecure plain text idea.

I personally prefer C# however a lot of people on here would say something along the lines of that is uses a bunch of classes and stuff that is not required.

Windows batch is a great start to the fundamentals of scripting but it is basic.

Something like Python is a great for learning. 

Here is a great website you can use to learn all sorts of code: https://www.codecademy.com/

Good luck,

Regards,

Leon.

Thank you very much for the link and the information. I will start with that site. I will also look into Python