Windows 10 restarting loop

ibrahimwa1
Go to solution Solved by TechQuest,
4 hours ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

No

I have the USB that  I used to install Windows which came in the box for win 10 do you mean that?

Yup

When I open my PC and reach to the windows logo it loads for a bit then says restoring to your previous windows version for about half a second then restarts, I don't know what caused this problem as I was using it fine the day before,I can still enter the bios however.

I am using Windows 10 home it's installed on my SSD.

Is there any way to fix this? i would prefer to keep my data?

Use another PC to create a fresh install medium and boot from it. Then choose to repair Windows if possible. If not, pop the drive in another PC and make a back-up or do so from a Linux live environment.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

26 minutes ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

When I open my PC and reach to the windows logo it loads for a bit then says restoring to your previous windows version for about half a second then restarts, I don't know what caused this problem as I was using it fine the day before,I can still enter the bios however.

I am using Windows 10 home it's installed on my SSD.

Is there any way to fix this? i would prefer to keep my data?

What Windows build do you use?(Example Version 1703 Build 15063)

Context Matters!

This is clearly "OS curruption". Run a live linux OS and copy all the important stuff to another drive/something then clean disk C.  AND yes RIP. 

5 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

What Windows build do you use?(Example Version 1703 Build 15063)

How do I find out?

7 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

Since you can't boot your pc, try boot into the system disc and fix the partition 

Do you mean boot where I have the os installed? When I try that it boots up windows then still keeps restarting

12 minutes ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

Do you mean boot where I have the os installed? When I try that it boots up windows then still keeps restarting

Switch the boot priority to the bootable os disc

Context Matters!

12 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

Do you made any system restore checkpoint?

No

13 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

I have the USB that  I used to install Windows which came in the box for win 10 do you mean that?

21 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

It says: it looks as though you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove media from your PC and click yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click no

12 minutes ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

It says: it looks as though you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove media from your PC and click yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click no

Tried resetting PC with keeping files it says it had a problem and then again with removing everything it also had the same problem

4 minutes ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

Tried resetting PC with keeping files it says it had a problem and then again with removing everything it also had the same problem

Now my PC works for some reason I have no idea why..... I only removed my hard drive and choose win 10 as operating system in the menu

30 minutes ago, ibrahimwa1 said:

No

Yea, use the USB stick. That's even better. Just boot with that in, go into your bios, go to the boot menu, select that USB stick to boot from, and then repair windows or use a restore point from the menus that are presented.