Screen Tearing and Low FPS

Nate Tsirlemes

This is my current build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hbz4XH. Just recently, while I was playing Rocket League, my fps just drops to 112 give or take. I usually limit it to 144 fps ingame but I know my gtx 1080 can easily hit 250 fps in RL. So then I try BF1 and my mouse /aiming is lagging. Yes I have a slight overclock with the gpu but nothing unstable. There is no overheating and I tried removing the oc and it did nothing. And I also reinstalled the drivers for the gpu and I tried old drivers. Also, something weird is that when in an online game my fps seems slightly lower then being offline. 

1 minute ago, AVE-Services said:

Check background processes 

What should i be looking for?

This may seem sort of odd but use the game optimizer in Geforce experience. I have a gsync monitor and a gtx 1080 yet I still had issues like you mentioned in certain games like overwatch and rocket league. Using it cleared it up somehow even though I had the setting set lower than it recommend 

14 hours ago, Keg Ops said:

This may seem sort of odd but use the game optimizer in Geforce experience. I have a gsync monitor and a gtx 1080 yet I still had issues like you mentioned in certain games like overwatch and rocket league. Using it cleared it up somehow even though I had the setting set lower than it recommend 

I'll try that when I get home but I hate things like bloom and lens flare enabled....Makes things harder to see. 

20 hours ago, Keg Ops said:

I just tried it and it make a small difference but still wasn't 100% smooth. Even in CSGO my fps goes from 90 to 144. Should be way over 200.

1 hour ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

I just tried it and it make a small difference but still wasn't 100% smooth. Even in CSGO my fps goes from 90 to 144. Should be way over 200.

the only other thing I can think of would be the xbox app recording in the background affecting game performance. Maybe you have the recording set too high? 

if all else fails do a fresh install of windows.