How vulnerable am I placing my PC outside network using DMZ Hosting?

sysloc
Go to solution Solved by rufee,

All ports are open for it, what do you think ?

Lose that router in the mean time.

So I have NAT problems, and my router is not exactly easy to work with. (Actiontec Q1000, Qwest branded (CenturyLink)) But I found by placing my PC "outside the network" of the router (I'm on wired LAN) I get an open NAT. It has warnings against doing this, but how great is the danger or risk really? Do you have any suggestions?

sysloc

All ports are open for it, what do you think ?

Lose that router in the mean time.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

So I have NAT problems, and my router is not exactly easy to work with. (Actiontec Q1000, Qwest branded (CenturyLink)) But I found by placing my PC "outside the network" of the router (I'm on wired LAN) I get an open NAT. It has warnings against doing this, but how great is the danger or risk really? Do you have any suggestions?

The only time you should do that is with a system that is locked down and providing a service (IE a webserver) 

The only time you should do that is with a system that is locked down and providing a service (IE a webserver) 

Well these days not really :P You would just point port 80. Its safer and easier, Don't you agree? 

Well these days not really :P You would just point port 80. Its safer and easier, Don't you agree? 

No, the idea of the DMZ is that you would put bastion hosts within it so that they are hardened and it is a segmented part of the network so that even if that one server did get compromised it can't be easily used to pivot.