Cant roll back from 3008 to 1701 UEFI Crosshair VI Hero

sbakic

Good day.

I could install any BIOS when I was at 1501, 1601, 1701 version, backwards and forwards. But  when I installed 3008 version, every other version says its not BIOS file or something you already know the message. I tried to see if he will recognize 3008 version again and he did and I installed again. Motherboard is Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi).

Some problems that I encountered.
1. I can't roll back to 1701 or any previous version of UEFI from 3008. It says it is not BIOS file, why?

2. After I installed 3008 BIOS version, RGB on motherboard, GPU and CPU sink didn't change, every other setting in BIOS went to default. When installing previous versions of BIOS color went default. This is happening too when i press Reset CMOS button on motherboard. Why it didn't reset colors to default, but everything else?
3. Because PC was off like 1 month, with PSU turned off, it screw up Date and Time on BIOS, pressing reset CMOS button didn't help i needed to take out CMOS battery, after that Date and Time was good. Why Reset CMOS button didn't reset Date and Time, it should delete everything even RGB colors from CMOS battery when I press that button?
4. I never successfully installed bios trough Flash button on motherboard. I changed USB to FAT32, name of BIOS to C4H.CAP, and turn off PC and press that button. When I pressed that button every light went off from motherboard for 5 sec, then button blink for 5 sec and then light up as it was before I pressed. They said that it needs to blink for 1-2 min but it didn't, it was always do that for a few seconds. Do I need to press longer or just one short press, what to do with that?

Can some answer me these 4 questions? Thanks.

I don't have the mobo but maybe the no-rollback flag was turned on the version?

Manufacturers make the bios update which makes download/rollback not possible for either the update made changes where rollback would brick the mobo or it was security update which would make  the mobo vulnerable again if it was downgraded.

But I don't have the mobo but thats my guess(it could purely be other reasons)

2 minutes ago, Yeagdrasil said:

I don't have the mobo but maybe the no-rollback flag was turned on the version?

Manufacturers make the bios update which makes download/rollback not possible for either the update made changes where rollback would brick the mobo or it was security update which would make  the mobo vulnerable again if it was downgraded.

But I don't have the mobo but thats my guess(it could purely be other reasons)

Exactly this, from this point on you can only move up from 3008.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Thanks guys, what about Reset CMOS button, it should reset all setting in CMOS battery even BIOS Date and Time + RGB colors?