geforce 8800 gt Overclocking

kittyducky06

i just whent dumpster diving and found a geforce 8800 gt and im wondering i can overclock it.

msi afterburner, have fun

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

msi afterburner, have fun

does it need to be a MSI card

7 minutes ago, kittyducky06 said:

does it need to be a MSI card

no, but if afterburner doesn't work there are other programs like it you can use, gpu tweak and precisionx are a couple i heard of. I've used both afterburner and gnu tweak, i only started using gpu tweak because after burner stopped working \_(;-;)_/, i was able to use it on my PNY GTX 1050 2GB for a little and i used it on my old AMD R5 230 1GB. it will be interesting to see how much of an OC you can put on that old graphic card you found

8800 gt is a fun card, if you really want to get into it you can hard mod them pretty easilly

Just now, wonderforest said:

8800 gt is a fun card, if you really want to get into it you can hard mod them pretty easilly

il keep it in mind

These things were amazing for Crysis back in the day. For awhile I remember having 2 x XFX 1080GT 256mb in SLi. Those running on an XFX 680i motherboard with an E8200 and OCZ Reaper RAM. You could get some pretty amazing overclocks on the cards (and even CPUs back in the day, with the FSB meaning your memory frequency and CPU frequency were linked), and yeah Afterburner is really good for GPU OC. 

3D Mark 05 would be the good-reliable benchmark back then if you want to use something period for validation.