Does this custom loop work?

nkucz

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Everything there will work, I do not personally like that pump (much prefer a D5 vario) but that one will work. If your case doesnt have a window you can save money on the fittings.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

You might run into clearance issues with those crossflow res'

Because they have to have enough room to accomodate a G1/4 fitting at either end your going to run into issues with the front rad hitting the floor. And if your using one up top too then it will be pretty tight up against the front rad

Wait so the rad and the res won't have enough room in the front your saying? Little confused I'm new to custom loops this will be my first one :) But if I put the rad on the top would it work?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

No, because the rad has a fitting on both sides it makes it longer, you can fit a normal rad into a prodigy with both fittings up top, but if the fittings are both at the bottom the end of the rad wont fit without modding the case by cutting a hole in the floor or making new mounting points for the rad on the front.

The res will have enough room behind that rad though

Oh I see, so would this one be better?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_667_671&products_id=34295

So the rad and the res would fit in the front of the case though?

No, because the rad has a fitting on both sides it makes it longer, you can fit a normal rad into a prodigy with both fittings up top, but if the fittings are both at the bottom the end of the rad wont fit without modding the case by cutting a hole in the floor or making new mounting points for the rad on the front.

The res will have enough room behind that rad though

This^

I didnt realize it was a cross flow rad when I first looked, get a regular one and it will be fine.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

This^

I didnt realize it was a cross flow rad when I first looked, get a regular one and it will be fine.

So the latest one I linked will work? Also any clear coolant you recommend? Specifically that I could find on performance-pcs.com

That would be fine, And yes

Cool, I got the idea for this loop here: http://forums.pureoverclock.com/work-logs/18558-bitfenix-prodigy-build-watercooled-2.html

How would I go about filling the loop? Where would the coolant enter?

So the latest one I linked will work? Also any clear coolant you recommend? Specifically that I could find on performance-pcs.com

That one is fine, if you want clear use Distilled Water (any grocery store, 7/11, etc) and a silver kill coil. It will cool better than any coolant and be much cheaper with less maintenance.

That one is fine, if you want clear use Distilled Water (any grocery store, 7/11, etc) and a silver kill coil. It will cool better than any coolant and be much cheaper with less maintenance.

what is a silver kill coil if you don't mind me asking?

what is a silver kill coil if you don't mind me asking?

Kills the bacteria/algae so it doesnt mess up your loop (you dont need one if you use a premix) http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/IandH_Silver_KillCoils_-_Antimicrobial_999_Fine_Silver_Tubing_Reservoir_Strip.html

Kills the bacteria/algae so it doesnt mess up your loop (you dont need one if you use a premix) http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/IandH_Silver_KillCoils_-_Antimicrobial_999_Fine_Silver_Tubing_Reservoir_Strip.html

So the gist of it is you just throw that thing in the res and use distilled water?

So the gist of it is you just throw that thing in the res and use distilled water?

Yup, replace it a about 2 times per year, cheaper and easier than using a coolant mix. Just top off any water lost to evaporation/micro leaks  when you replace the coil (happens to every loop, don't worry).

Yup, replace it a about 2 times per year, cheaper and easier than using a coolant mix. Just top off any water lost to evaporation/micro leaks  when you replace the coil (happens to every loop, don't worry).

Awesome, but where would I enter the water I don't understand that part?

Awesome, but where would I enter the water I don't understand that part?

You fill the loop through the res, there is a fill port next to that top fitting (its clear). Just remember to keep your res above and before your pump in your loop, this way the pump never goes dry and gets damaged, the rest of the loop order doesn't matter.

You fill the loop through the res.

through that little plus thing on the top?

through that little plus thing on the top?

That bit screws out to let you fill the res.

That bit screws out to let you fill the res.

Awesome! and then you fill, turn the computer on, fill more turn it on, etc? Sorry for all the questions but your helping a ton!

Awesome! and then you fill, turn the computer on, fill more turn it on, etc? Sorry for all the questions but your helping a ton!

Exactly, after you think the loop is filled let it run for a few hours to get all the air bubbles out and then top off the res. No worries about the questions, I'm happy to help, though I will be off line for a few hours starting shortly, feel free to post here or PM me and ill respond when I get back from dinner.

Exactly, after you think the loop is filled let it run for a few hours to get all the air bubbles out and then top off the res. No worries about the questions, I'm happy to help, though I will be off line for a few hours starting shortly, feel free to post here or PM me and ill respond when I get back from dinner.

Thank you so much! Five stars for you no doubt.