Windows 10 not adjusting brightness

Go to solution Solved by Mrunkown,

I managed to get it working I had to reset my pc and then install my drivers.

Thanks for the help tho

Hi, I am having problems with windows 10 on my Dell laptop. After an upgrade from Windows 7. My brightness is stuck at 100% even when windows says it's at 0% 

I've tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, and updating windows. My specs are

Dell Inspiron 5547 

Core i5 4210u

Intel HD graphics

8GB ram

Windows 7 worked fine and the SSD I put in my laptop was in an AMD desktop before. 

My laptop does that on occasion too, or at least used to.  I think it is related to the switchable graphics but that's just a guess based on very little.  Try switching modes and/or rebooting in different combinations and see if that helps.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was going to say the monitor if you were using a desktop but i looks like you have a laptop. soz not sure

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My laptop does that on occasion too, or at least used to.  I think it is related to the switchable graphics but that's just a guess based on very little.  Try switching modes and/or rebooting in different combinations and see if that helps.

How do you do that?

1 hour ago, Mrunkown said:

How do you do that?

Wait, do you actually have switchable graphics?  I may have jumped the gun on that xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Thanks for the help tho

1 hour ago, Mrunkown said:

Thanks for the help tho

oh, well that would help :P  Glad you worked it out :)