Clock speed dropping

Not really an overclocker in general and new to all of this, but I have the cooling and an 8700k so I just use the auto overclock on my motherboard (Asus strix z370-e) deal with it, 5Ghz and temps are fine from what I can tell, running cinebench the package temp doesn't get any higher than 70

Everything was great for awhile, but I've noticed lately once I boot up my computer, I will have the 5Ghz for a few minutes, then it will drop to 3.7 and stick there, temps fine, power settings fine

Sorry ahead of time if there's some glaringly obvious issue/solution that I'm missing, I appreciate the help.

chrome_2018-01-25_12-32-38.png

NVIDIA Share_2018-01-25_12-25-54.png

It's for power saving. Why run at 5ghz all the time when you can do 3ghz and accomplish the same task at the same speed but with lower power usage?

My 3770k goes all the way down to 800MHz if I'm truely idle. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Is that while doing a task? Your CPU downclocks itself when it's not doing anything. Also the voltage your motherboard is putting into your CPU is high, you really shouldn't use the auto overclocks, they put way too much voltage into your CPU.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Is that while doing a task? Your CPU downclocks itself when it's not doing anything. Also the voltage your motherboard is putting into your CPU is high, you really shouldn't use the auto overclocks, they put way too much voltage into your CPU.

I think I found the problem (Something with intel extreme tuning) but now you've got me all concerned, guess I better watch some videos on overclocking.

Thanks for the info