Slow startup and BSOD on startup

So a while back I decided to blow the dust off of an old ASUS laptop I had laying around to use it for studying and such. The laptop had issues last time I used it which I never bothered to fix. I did a clean install of windows hoping to get everything back to normal software wise but that didn't help. The performance was sluggish and the startup time was plain terrible. I did some basic maintenance like disabling certain windows tasks that were draining my resources which brought the laptop up to normal performance again.

The startup time was still horrible however. I didn't keep time, but it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes before windows even loads. I also seem to get random BSOD's when booting, always with the same error code: "DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE". I've updated all my drivers to the most recent version and I've looked at the dump files to see if that could help me along. The most common driver that crashes seems to be "ntoskrnl.exe". I've done some googling around and as far as I understand, problems with this driver can be fixed by reinstalling windows. These bluescreens have been present over several reinstalls though, so I doubt yet another reinstall will do anything. I've included two dump files (I don't have more since I reinstalled) so that hopefully someone who is more computerliterate than me can help me diagnose and solve my problems. 

Additional info:

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit (Yes, I did update windows to the most recent available version) If I recall correctly, this laptop originally came with windows 8. Might've been 8.1 too, not sure.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3314U @ 1.70 GHz

Videocard: geforce 740m

RAM: 4 GB

Storage: SSD+HDD combo

BIOS version: K56CB.205

Model number: ASUS s56cb-xx009h

Age: The laptop is fairly old, about 4 years, with 2 years of heavy use, including taking it to school in my backpack on a daily basis and lots of gaming. I'm not excluding the possibility of this being a hardware problem.

One additional curiosity: I've used Nirsoft's driverview to see if I could find anything interesting and I found that the load count for ntoskrnl.exe is 147. I'm not sure what load count really means or what the value should be on a healthy system, but I thought it's worth mentioning anyway.

012218-146093-01.dmp

012418-153750-01.dmp

EDIT: I've noticed that the time it takes to shut down is fairly long too. It stays at the "shutting down" screen for a few seconds before the screen goes black, but after that the power button is still lit up for another minute. I can hear the fan and harddrive spinning too.

21 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

Sounds to me like the hard drive is giving up the ghost.

Is there any way to know for sure? Once I'm in windows the performance of storage related tasks is fine.