Random black screening

NerdInTheHerd

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler, not overclocked)
GPU: Asus gtx 1060 6gb (not overclocked)
Ram: 16gb Aegis Gskill 2400hz
PSU: EVGA 750w
MB: ROG STRIX b350-f gaming
Case: Corsair spec-01
HDD/SSD?: Seagate 1TB hybrid hdd

Computer will randomly black screen and either gpu or cpu (not sure which one) will increase in speed and causing me to hard shut down the computer to get it back to normal. It isn't the psu as it happened with a different one, it isn't ram as I switched with some other ram and still did it, not hdd as i switched it, not mobo as I also switched it, not case as i've also switched it, and not gpu as I tried it with a 960 also. Crash will happen at any moment, even when idle or playing. CPU temps seem fine and so do gpu. Will looking at event viewer, at the time of crashes there is no logged cause and issues after turning back on like unexpected crash. There has been event id 10016 with the application Runtime Broker {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} saying "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application"

26 minutes ago, NerdInTheHerd said:

either gpu or cpu (not sure which one) will increase in speed and causing me to hard shut down the computer to get it back to normal.

You mean the fan will increase in speed, right?

2 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

You mean the fan will increase in speed, right?

correct, it is most likely not chasis fans

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 10:59 PM, NerdInTheHerd said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler, not overclocked)
GPU: Asus gtx 1060 6gb (not overclocked)
Ram: 16gb Aegis Gskill 2400hz
PSU: EVGA 750w
MB: ROG STRIX b350-f gaming
Case: Corsair spec-01
HDD/SSD?: Seagate 1TB hybrid hdd

Computer will randomly black screen and either gpu or cpu (not sure which one) will increase in speed and causing me to hard shut down the computer to get it back to normal. It isn't the psu as it happened with a different one, it isn't ram as I switched with some other ram and still did it, not hdd as i switched it, not mobo as I also switched it, not case as i've also switched it, and not gpu as I tried it with a 960 also. Crash will happen at any moment, even when idle or playing. CPU temps seem fine and so do gpu. Will looking at event viewer, at the time of crashes there is no logged cause and issues after turning back on like unexpected crash. There has been event id 10016 with the application Runtime Broker {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} saying "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application"

I have exactly the same problem with Ryzen 1700x.

Random black screens with unresponsive power/reset button, fans running, lights shining.

Till now i have ruled out the motherboard, cause i had it changed too.

I think it might be a CPU/PSU problem.

Based on what you have tried I will send the CPU for a RMA.