Share Your Experience/Knowledge on color calibrated monitors

Mayank_G

Hi, I am looking for a affordable 4k monitor with a good color accuracy for Digital art and 3D under 400-500$. But after certain time spent in research Its very confusing to choose from. I came across the following monitors that meets the eye

AOC - Pro-line U3277PWQU 31.5" with a 10 bit VA panel

AOC U2777PQU  with an IPS panel which costs around the same mentioned above

LG 27ud88 & 27ud68p-b with somewhat similar features and AH-IPS panel, lowest cost

Samsung UH750 with TN panel and QLED

LG 32UD59-B with also 10 bit VA panel

So which of the following would yield the best results since these products come via online and difficult to compare. Is it worth spending extra on the screen size or on the panel type? Thanks in advance^_^

Just a heads up you can only use true 10-bit colour for your programs (photoshop, 3DS Max types) with a quardo card so you might end up not using the panel to its' fullest.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

1 hour ago, Mayank_G said:

Hi, I am looking for a affordable 4k monitor with a good color accuracy for Digital art and 3D under 400-500$. But after certain time spent in research Its very confusing to choose from. I came across the following monitors that meets the eye

AOC - Pro-line U3277PWQU 31.5" with a 10 bit VA panel

AOC U2777PQU  with an IPS panel which costs around the same mentioned above

LG 27ud88 & 27ud68p-b with somewhat similar features and AH-IPS panel, lowest cost

Samsung UH750 with TN panel and QLED

LG 32UD59-B with also 10 bit VA panel

So which of the following would yield the best results since these products come via online and difficult to compare. Is it worth spending extra on the screen size or on the panel type? Thanks in advance^_^

I would also recommend you to take a look over Dell monitors. I've been using a P2717H for some time and I could say that it is properly calibrated and I did not experience any issues with it.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

2 hours ago, AdamHolt96 said:

Just a heads up you can only use true 10-bit colour for your programs (photoshop, 3DS Max types) with a quardo card so you might end up not using the panel to its' fullest.

I don't have professional cards(since its always overpriced) ,I only have a 1080 ti o.O. But thanks for the important information^_^

1 hour ago, R3ep3r said:

I would also recommend you to take a look over Dell monitors. I've been using a P2717H for some time and I could say that it is properly calibrated and I did not experience any issues with it.

Dell no doubt is a quality monitor manufacturer. I currently own a S2240T brought 4-5 years ago but the one comes within the price range is  Dell S2817Q which is a TN panel. The 4K IPS ones are off the charts. But thanks again for the reply^_^