Pfsense question

Zygizz

I Noobie to pfsense world but i wanna build router, but still I wanna do it on the cheap, with latest pfsense version. 

My Download 600mb/s and Upload 600mb/s 
-------------------------------------------------------

Its better compabilitty out of box with Intel CPU or amd? 

I was thinking to buying a motherboard with one nic and adding additional nic

Another option is integrated CPU ( J3455B ) 
------------------------------------------------------------------

that's is better solution? If someone has some suggestion tell me ^^ 

Thanks for your response   ;D

The most important thing for pfSense is the network interface, use Intel interfaces as the drivers are more mature and it will reduce CPU interrupt time.  The J3455B has RealTek adapters which are best avoided when using pfSense.

For 600/600, I would suggest a more powerful CPU with better single threaded performance as you will find out quite quickly that 600Mbit/s can put pressure on a low Ghz CPU.

Would probably look at an older i5 or xeon equivalent if you want solid performance under full load.  AMD CPU's work just fine, finding more unique boards that are in the micro-itx form factor may be more difficult tho.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

5 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

The most important thing for pfSense is the network interface, use Intel interfaces as the drivers are more mature and it will reduce CPU interrupt time.  The J3455B has RealTek adapters which are best avoided when using pfSense.

For 600/600, I would suggest a more powerful CPU with better single threaded performance as you will find out quite quickly that 600Mbit/s can put pressure on a low Ghz CPU.

Would probably look at an older i5 or xeon equivalent if you want solid performance under full load.  AMD CPU's work just fine, finding more unique boards that are in the micro-itx form factor may be more difficult tho.

So mostly you suggesting me to buy used parts :? , i forgot to add i have lying around ddr3 ram and psu and case for pfsense. but mostly i want to keep my budget around 200 euros or 240 dollars . 

It depends on size of the case to be honest, buying 2nd hand will reduce the costs significantly.   I'm assuming you are tackling wireless via an AP as pfSense has pretty poor wireless support.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

7 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

It depends on size of the case to be honest, buying 2nd hand will reduce the costs significantly.   I'm assuming you are tackling wireless via an AP as pfSense has pretty poor wireless support.

Yeah , i got two  ubiquiti ap today so i just waiting for my pfsense build ?