Dead mobo?

Hi all, my computer was working fine today then it shut off, now it wont boot at ALL not even trying to boot. What i've tried to do is Re-seat CPU CAM GPU Clear CMOS and do the USB bios flash using the option on my mobo, i jumped the PSU to see if that was the issue and the fan spun and my fan controller started, any one have any ideas? Thanks

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

4 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

Hi all, my computer was working fine today then it shut off, now it wont boot at ALL not even trying to boot. What i've tried to do is Re-seat CPU CAM GPU Clear CMOS and do the USB bios flash using the option on my mobo, i jumped the PSU to see if that was the issue and the fan spun and my fan controller started, any one have any ideas? Thanks

are you getting a qcode?

You could try booting from a different drive and see if that helps, but it sounds like you have tried the typical stuff already. You might want to contact asus and see if they have any recommendations of what to do. Also if you still got your 1070s in sli you could try just booting with one or neither, not super likely to work but there isn't much left that you haven't already tried

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

2 minutes ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

You could try booting from a different drive and see if that helps, but it sounds like you have tried the typical stuff already. You might want to contact asus and see if they have any recommendations of what to do. Also if you still got your 1070s in sli you could try just booting with one or neither, not super likely to work but there isn't much left that you haven't already tried

the pc wont even try to boot, no fans no nothing, the LEd lights where off but now are flashing at times or even staying on, but pushing the start button on the mobo or the case does nothing so i don't think its the drive halting the boot all together 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

1 minute ago, That-Something_ said:

the pc wont even try to boot, no fans no nothing, the LEd lights where off but now are flashing at times or even staying on, but pushing the start button on the mobo or the case does nothing so i don't think its the drive halting the boot all together 

Sounds like you got either a bad motherboard issue or a less likely power supply issue

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W