Motherboard and memory problems, looking for advice

I don't even know where to start, and I'm extremely frustrated

So I've had my system for the last year or so and all of a sudden one of my memory slots isn't working correctly. While my system will detect both slots being populated and correctly return information regarding both sticks, it only shows there being 4096mb of RAM. I've tried various configurations of memory and to no avail my system won't detect that remaining 4GB of memory, I've also received boot code 99 once in the middle of troubleshooting (indicates dead motherboard, yet it booted again after)

Aside from games I also do 3D modeling, heavy CAD work, hobbyist game development, and am a heavy multi-tasker; with only 4GB of memory I'm running into memory problems.

Additionally my system also will occasionally crash abruptly, bringing me straight to my BIOS screen from whatever I was doing in windows.

I'm suspecting the main cause of my problems is some sort of mains power issue, the building I'm in is wired extremely weirdly with my computer's circuit being on the same circuit as our kitchen; the lights dim anytime anyone is cooking and usually when this happens my pc will crash like I mentioned above, but it has also crashed at other times as well.

What do you guys think I should do? Is it possible to rescue my motherboard or am I better off buying a new one? It's taken me two years to get my pc to where it is currently if that gives any idea on my financial situation

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

2 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

if you have power issues in your room - have you tried another room that has no dimming lights and stuff ? 

I just tried this, it didn't do anything.

I'm going to attempt to reinstall windows and update the BIOS

EDIT: Nope, wasn't able to update it

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.