New Build not POSTing

Warm Nachos

Hello,

I recently have just completed (sort of) a new build. I cannot get past my Asus q-code 00. I have tried the 3 main culprits and have replaced my motherboard, cpu, and psu to no avail. I’m stilling thinking it is my power supply because I’ve plugged and old Antec 650w and it boots up no problem. However, this Antec goes to a system that utilizes two psu’s. I think it is the power supply just because of what I said previously with the Antec. The reasoning is the Antec has a 8-pin CPU connector while my Thermaltake has a 4+4 pin. I know I know, everywhere online says it works, but it is not for me. I’ve tried just using one 4pin, and I’ve tried only plugging in the PSU, CPU, RAM, and MOBO. Even tried without the RAM. I’ve been at this for days and I’m sorry if I have left critical information out. Please let me know and I will reply ASAP. Thank you for your help.

BUILD:

Case: Thermaltake View 71 RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WiF AC

CPU: I7 8700k

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB 3000Mhz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 200 series 3gb

SSD: Samsun Evo 500GB

PSU: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB 750w

If it posts with another power supply then it's 100%  sure it's the new one messing things up for you.

9 minutes ago, Cazan said:

If it posts with another power supply then it's 100%  sure it's the new one messing things up for you.

I just don’t understand why. I had this issue with the other Thermaltake one and sent it back to Amazon. Then I went to Fry’s and picked up another one. Am I just that unlucky? Lol

On 19/01/2018 at 3:13 AM, Warm Nachos said:

I just don’t understand why. I had this issue with the other Thermaltake one and sent it back to Amazon. Then I went to Fry’s and picked up another one. Am I just that unlucky? Lol

Sorry for taking too long to answer ^^' yeah maybe you just got unlucky ... instead of that thermaltake psu try buying a seasonic one ... they are pretty trustworthy :)