Sound blasterX G1 static noise

Hello,

So I recently bought myself a new external usb sound card (Sound blasterX G1), as the internal sound card in my laptop is pretty much crap.

The card works fine, but the problem is that there is really a lot of constant static background noise all the time (which increases when I turn up my volume).

I've already installed the latest drivers from their website and tried different usb ports and connected different headphones, but nothing changed.

It's really a shame that this happens as the sound card was not that cheap either.

Anyone here who might be able to help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I looked at the page for that sound card. It looks like it was made to be used with a trrs connector. Maybe you have to get a trrs to trs+ts splitter to use it with your headphones and microphone.

Thanks for your response!

But unfortunately, I don't think that that's the problem.

I have the HyperX Cloud || headphone, which comes with a trrs connector, I think

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this helps.

When I connected a low impedance earphones to the Sound Blaster Play! 3, I hear a white noise "hissing" sound on the output of the device.

But when I connected a higher impedance headphones to the Sound Blaster Play! 3, the white noise "hissing" sound reduces to almost unnoticeable.

I suspect the issue may be caused by the headphones amplification and the SNR of the Sound Blaster Play! 3.

I connected the Audio Control Module of the Sound Blaster ZxR to the Sound Blaster Play! 3 and connected the low impedance earphones to the Audio Control Module.

The white noise "hissing" reduces to almost unnoticeable.

Connecting a volume control knob between the earphones and the Sound Blaster Play! 3 may help as the volume control knob can increase the total impedance on the audio output.

This suggestion may help on the Sound BlasterX G1 as well.

Amitabha