Cheapy Server

Tea1337

I plan on making my own server for a backup for all computers in my house, and to host  a private minecraft server for me and friends. Here are the parts I have so far:

ECS CDC-M/D2550(1.0) Intel Atom D2550:  $70

EDIT: Going to buy a Rosewill SL300-TFX powersupply instead.

Seagate barracuda 1TB: $64.99

Mushkin Enhanced 2GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1066: $24.99(Will add another 2GB soon)

The server will be on 24/7 so that's why It's all low power. I have estimated it will cost me about $2.50 per month to run it, maybe $10 as long as the PSU doesn't draw a lot of power. If you have any suggestions please say so, only the PSU is final and I'm not going to buy another one.

That HDD is very expensive for the size. Get a 1TB 3.5 inch drive. Also more RAM would be very useful. Also FX 6300 would perform better than an Atom.

Quote me to get a reply!

That HDD is very expensive for the size. Get a 1TB 3.5 inch drive. Also more RAM would be very useful. Also FX 6300 would perform better than an Atom.

This is on a very strict budget :(. I can't upgrade to a FX 6300 if I could I would. And I'm going for efficiency not performance. As for the HDD I just found a 1tb for the same price I will change too.

burn that psu! burn it with fire!.. well.. before it does itself..

The PSU was tested for over a month, it stays very cool and there is nothing wrong with it.

This is on a very strict budget :(. I can't upgrade to a FX 6300 if I could I would. And I'm going for efficiency not performance. As for the HDD I just found a 1tb for the same price I will change too.

The PSU was tested for over a month, it stays very cool and there is nothing wrong with it.

Then I would say more RAM.

Quote me to get a reply!

Then I would say more RAM.

After about a week I'll order another 2gb kit