Random FPS drops (Windows 10 Update?)

WhatsGoingOn

Hi, I have a problem with my PC. Here are the Specs.

I5 6300HQ 2.6GhZ

GTX 1060 3GB

16GB DDR4 2133MhZ

1TB HDD

My problem is that when I play any kind of game, after 1 hour or so, the game drops to 42FPS. In some games it fixes after 30seconds or so, but in others I have to restart the game to make it work as it should.

I suspect its from the W10 Update because it never hapened before. 

I reinstalled NVidia Drivers (Clean) and some of the games, and it is still happening.

BTW : Its not a temperature issue, I used afterburner to see what happened but it just randomly drops GPU usage to 12-6% while the CPU usage doesn't change. 

Any help please?

21 minutes ago, WhatsGoingOn said:

I5 6300HQ 2.6GhZ

GTX 1060 3GB

16GB DDR4 2133MhZ

1TB HDD

My problem is that when I play any kind of game, after 1 hour or so, the game drops to 42FPS. In some games it fixes after 30seconds or so, but in others I have to restart the game to make it work as it should.

I reinstalled NVidia Drivers (Clean) and some of the games, and it is still happening.

BTW : Its not a temperature issue, I used afterburner to see what happened but it just randomly drops GPU usage to 12-6% while the CPU usage doesn't change. 

Any help please?

Is your GPU overclocked?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

The only other thing I can think of would be thermal throttling, otherwise I got no clue.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The only other thing I can think of would be thermal throttling, otherwise I got no clue.

GPU Temp while doing that drop : 62 Cº (143F)

CPU Temp While doing the drop : 65 Cº (149F)

First set your home network to a metered connection so windows won't automatically update until you've determined whether or not the windows update is a problem then roll back the windows update.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

If that works, woohoo, wait a while for Microsoft to get it's shit together on that update. If that didn't work use DDU to uninstall and reinstall the drivers(not sure if that's what you meant when you said you did it cleanly). If you're using steam you can verify the integrity of the game install files and while you're at it make sure the steam client is up to date, that sometimes helps. Backup your game files and try reinstalling one of them to see if it fixes it in that game.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, WhatsGoingOn said:

I5 6300HQ 2.6GhZ

GTX 1060 3GB

16GB DDR4 2133MhZ

1TB HDD

Any help please?

Windows updates have been breaking everything lately.

I'm into VR and let me tell you, the issues that recent updates have caused have been annoying as hell because it isn't just a simple frame drop when in VR, it's something that makes you want to hurl.

Unfortunately, I think we have to wait this one out.

It's really up to microsoft to fix this one.

You could roll back stuff like windows and your video card driver, but I honestly don't recommend that right now at least with Windows since updating everything is really important right now.

My theory is that the white hat blowing the whistle on meltdown and spectre before everyone was ready to patch it has made microsoft and other companies scramble to get the update done on time and mistakes are happening as a result.