BIOS update for Ryzen system

I have just built a system with a Ryzen 5 1600x and a GALAX GPU and everything working fine but i noticed that my motherboard had defaulted my ram speed to 2133 even though i have a 2666 Mhz kit form corsair, Which ha sent coursed me a worry in the world at the moment. However i know that ryzen like high speed memory and it would be nice to get my RAM running at 2666 or at least 2400Mhz for future use. BUT i a little rusty and all i,m told is that all i need to do is enable D C O P in BIOS. However someone said update BIOS before hand, and i'm worried because i don't completely know how to do that and i don't wont to wreck my system. So the big question is SHOULD i do it, or just leave it as is?

i have the following

ASUS b350f mobo

HX750i PSU

Galax gtx 1080

Sumsung evo ssd 500gb 

4tb Seagate Bcuda 7200RPM

THANKS help would be great!!!!

I would try the setting first as it is easier to reset the setting than a bricked mobo from a bios update. If the setting does not fix it then consider updating the bios.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Given the constant improvements to compatibility on Ryzen platforms, updating is recommended (and simple!)

Just download the cap file, stick it in the root directory or a flash drive for ease of access, then go into the bios, then EZ flash utility and read from the file.

If you're prone to power outages, make sure you're on a UPS. Clear your CMOS after the update.

Updating the BIOS on Ryzen systems is highly unlikely to brick your pc and is now virtually a necessity. Set everything to optimized defaults before you do though.

First off, upgrade your BIOS, it's extremely easy. Just go to your motherboard's website, and look for the newest version. Throw it on a thumb drive, load the bios, and look for the update feature. From there it's just waiting 5 minutes to finish.

Also, I'm assuming you chose the XMP profile for your ram to run it at it's speed?

And if none of those work, double check your manual. If you have 4 slots and 2 sticks, some motherboards like specific placement in order to achieve certain speeds. 

[Ram = R and X = empty slot]

R X R X - My ram won't go above 2133

X R X R - This allows me to run it at it's correct speed and overclock

It'll explain that in the ram section of your motherboard manual.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

Awesome! BUT BEFORE I DO THIS  i need to back up my BIOS on another flash disk. The FORMAT it to FAT 32 then grab the new bios go to EZ flash utility update. then that it? i mean i am on BIOS version 0802 and i so far haven't seen any issuesso yeah. AND to double check to get my ram to run at better speeds do i enable D C O P and choose a different speed or what? still new to ryzen thanks!!!!