Samsung 9 Pro

Tom Cat

So I need a new laptop and I'm looking at the Samsung 9 Pro 13inch, I don't don't want the 15 inch because it uses Radeon. I have a few questions before I purchase.

1) Is their a new laptop Samsung plans on making in the near future? I'll wait if that's the case. 

2) Is the keyboard backlit?

3) What can I upgrade on the laptop?

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

13 hours ago, Douglas The Duck said:

So I need a new laptop and I'm looking at the Samsung 9 Pro 13inch, I don't don't want the 15 inch because it uses Radeon. I have a few questions before I purchase.

1) Is their a new laptop Samsung plans on making in the near future? I'll wait if that's the case. 

1) No clue

2)According to its product page it is

3) Well it looks like it come with Max ram. You might be able to upgrade the storage, but the fact is, you wont know until you get it, on how easy it is to get inside. You also might be able to replace the WiFi card, but to be honest, that might be the best card thats in there now. 

4) There is nothing wrong with Radeon Graphics. Dedicated GPU's are generally better than Intel Integrated graphics. 

Though I would also go with the 13" only because of the size. 15" notebooks suck if you need to take the machine with you. This is actually a nice looking machine. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, Douglas The Duck said:

Yes, new laptops will always be around the corner, so probably best to wait and never buy one.

/sarcasm, buy what you need today, thinking about how long into the future you want to use it for.

Yes, which is IMO an absolute MUST on all laptops nowadays.

Possibly storage, probably not anything else though, as most thin and light laptops have soldered RAM these days.

If you want to upgrade a thin and light laptop, right now I can only recommend Dell's XPS 15 series.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)