Is it Possible to use a Quadro P4000 and GTX 1080 in the same machine

Hello everyone!  This is my first time posting here but I heard this is a great community to get this kind of help.

Im looking to build a new PC built around photo and video editing through the Adobe products.  I was looking to originally put a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti into the build, but with the current shortage of those cards with the mining craze I started to look into workstation cards and the Quadro P4000 caught my eye. But I was also looking into getting into gaming on a PC.  I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to start with a Quadro P4000 card and when the mining craze is over I can add a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti specifically for gaming but then can switch between them on the OS without having to manually change the cards so I can utilize the Quadro for the video and photo editing and the GTX for the heavier gaming loads.

My setup I am looking to do includes:

Intel i7 8th gen

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Wifi AC) ATX LG1151

32Gb Ram DDR4-2400

Corsair H100i-V2

Samsung 960 evo 250Gb

WD Black 1TB for Game Storage

WD Black 2TB for iTunes Library

WD Black 4TB for Photo and Video Storage

Corsair 750D airflow edition full tower case

Corsair HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum certified fully modular ATX

Thank you everyone for the support.

First off, I'm no expert on the optimal card selections for Adobe Products. (Specifically whether it is worth the extra money to invest in a quadro or just go with an equivalent or better GeForce).

As for the mining craze, if you are sure you think that a quadro will be useful for you in you workstation applications of choice, I don't think it is a bad idea just investing in the quadro p4000 now and then investing in a 1080 or 1080ti later for the extra gaming performance later once prices come back down.

You'll often find a myth going around where people claim that "you can't game on a quadro", which is complete B.S. A Quadro P4000 will actually be half-decent for gaming right now and will probably suit you just fine until you get a GeForce. However, like I said, do not get a quadro unless you know that you will need the benefits of it even after you install a GeForce. If you will not need the benefits of the Quadro card after you get a GeForce, then the Quadro investment is not worth it.

I think one very powerful quadro or geforce would be a better idea

many quadros can game and many geforce cards can do quadro like tasks for the price of both you could just get 1 very good card of either type

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Thank you. I am planning on waiting till prices go down. I like the idea that the Quadros are overall longer lasting. I did find that they are ok for gaming like you said but for right now I actually need a GPU asap for my business which will focus on video editing and the search I found says that that card is great for that like a 1060 or 1070.  The long term plan is after I am able to get past using one machine to move the GeForce to a new machine just to be used to gaming or streaming, but I have a feeling that maybe a year or two so maybe upgrading the GeForce maybe better at that point. Do you happen to know until I can do two machines how I could use both cards and switch between them if thats possible. Just so you know as well I have never build a PC before and am pretty illiterate when it comes to most of the technical terms.

They will work just fine. You can even do an AMD card and a Nvidia card in the same computer and be absolutely fine with designating (provided the software will allow you) which specific gpu you want for that purpose. However, when it comes to SLI (I know you didn't mention that but its noteworthy), SLI needs to have the SAME GPU DIODE and the SAME RAM CONFIGURATION. For example: 1070 and a 1070 is fine. 1070 and a 1070ti is not. 1080ti and a 1080 is not. 1080ti and a 1080ti is fine. So if you had the idea that you wanted them to work together in that fashion, it won't work. As for the pricing.... the quadro 4000 right now is around 799 plus. The 1080ti is around the 700 to 800 range, but is so much worth more in terms of price/performance. You won't get your money's worth. If available, I would go for a 1080 or a 1070ti. The only advantage that a quadro card can give you better double precision computations and very specific rendering tasks like AutoCAD. Everything else is comparable or the same of that a Geforce card can do. Hope this helps. 

Yes! The SLI information was very helpful. I would love to spring for a 1080 or 1070 but unfortunately need a GPU asap for work and cannot wait for the pricing to go back to normal and stocks to increase.  

If you need one ASAP and the price/performance isn't any better anywhere else especially since some cards are out of stock everywhere, then pull the trigger and get the quadro. Good thing about the Quadro that I didn't mention was that they hold their value better than Geforce cards so you could always sell it later if you so wished.