Weird issue

BoopityDoop

Ok, so today i upgraded from a b250/i5-7600 to z370/i5-8600k. 

Mobo: MSI z370 mortar

PSU: Corsair RM650x gold rated.

Ram: G-Skill Trident 3200mhz

GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6Gb

The ram is only able to run at 2166mhz, and XMP crashes the system entirely. Only one fan on the 1060 is spinning too, one spins for a short time then stops, starts and then stops again. What could the issue be?

1 minute ago, BoopityDoop said:

Ok, so today i upgraded from a b250/i5-7600 to z370/i5-8600k. 

Mobo: MSI z370 mortar

PSU: Corsair RM650x gold rated.

Ram: G-Skill Trident 3200mhz

GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6Gb

The ram is only able to run at 2166mhz, and XMP crashes the system entirely. Only one fan on the 1060 is spinning too, one spins for a short time then stops. What could the issue be?

well the gpu could be the fans stopping when it is already cool. 

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Fresh install of windows or did you move your drive over?

Moved my drive over. Should I do a fresh install?

Just now, BoopityDoop said:

Moved my drive over. Should I do a fresh install?

Yes you should.  If nothing else at least DDU and reinstall drivers for the card,  The ram I would reseat first.  If that doesn't work clear CMOS and try xmp again.

ok, done those. same thing. xmp crashes the system entirely, the GPU now isn’t displaying output and one fan spins on the gpu continuously but the other spins for a second or two then stops, it keeps repeating just like that.

Oki- ended up going through everything and making sure all wires went where they shoulda and such. Ended up testing the RAM slot-by-slot and stick by stick, one of the sticks refused to boot the system altogether regardless of slot and caused the same behaviour I was experiencing beforehand, the other stick worked fine. Will be RMA’ing both sticks and getting mah money back.