Need advice on compatibility

Vedakaiz

Okay so after a couple of years using my current rig, i finally got the chance to upgrade. I already done my research but im still not sure if all of the parts i pick are compatible with one another. 

I would appreciate it if you guys give me feedback.

CPU: Core i5-7400 (is it compatible with the motherboard i chose?)
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 8GB 2133 
GPU: GALAX GTX 1060 6GB EX OC WHITE 
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (cheapest motherboard i could find that has m.2 slot and built in wifi)
PSU: Corsair SF600 (600W)  OR SF450 (450W) (im really over my budget but is it okay if i just use the 450w power supply?)
CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN NODE 202 BLACK (will all the parts fit with this case)

I really need this build to all fit in the node 202 as i commute alot and i intend to carry this in a luggage every time im abroad.

Thanks in advance :)

Pcpartpicker.com

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

2 minutes ago, Vedakaiz said:

Okay so after a couple of years using my current rig, i finally got the chance to upgrade. I already done my research but im still not sure if all of the parts i pick are compatible with one another. 

MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (cheapest motherboard i could find that has m.2 slot and built in wifi)
PSU: Corsair SF600 (600W)  OR SF450 (450W) (im really over my budget but is it okay if i just use the 450w power supply?)

I really need this build to all fit in the node 202 as i commute alot and i intend to carry this in a luggage every time im abroad.

That will probably work? As @Fruitsnacc said, if you put everything into pcpartpicker it'll tell you if your parts are compatible in terms of size. Also, lesson from experience: Do NOT cheap out on your PSU. 

Everything I know I learned from the internet. Also school. 

Current Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.65 ghz, Cryorig H7

MoBo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC

RAM: 2x8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @2666mhz

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Storage: 120gb SK Hynix SSD, 240gb SanDisk SSD Plus, 1 TB 2015 WD Blue

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2

Should fit. The Node 202 has quite good GPU support.

Don't get Kaby. Either get Coffee or Ryzen. Considering the cost, just get a 1200 and any of the B350/X370 mITX boards. The stock cooler probably won't fit, though. Another alternative would be waiting for cheaper Coffee boards to come out and get the 8100.

For mITX, get a 1x 8GB stick at ≥2800 MHz.

600W is way overkill. 450W is way overkill, but the SF450 is usually among the cheapest decent SFX PSUs. 

The ML08B-H is another case option, might be more practical due to its handle. 

:)

4 minutes ago, Vedakaiz said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QPsmd6

Here ya go. Should be compatible. Don't worry about the RAM, it should be fine. Double check the stats from the Node 202 and that graphics card though; I've never heard of that brand of GPU, but that might be a function of my location. 

Current Desktop:

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2

8 hours ago, Fruitsnacc said:

Pcpartpicker.com

thanks so much. im not aware of the site before 

8 hours ago, TraskJ said:

That will probably work? As @Fruitsnacc said, if you put everything into pcpartpicker it'll tell you if your parts are compatible in terms of size. Also, lesson from experience: Do NOT cheap out on your PSU. 

so the 450w psu not enough?

8 hours ago, seon123 said:

Should fit. The Node 202 has quite good GPU support.

Don't get Kaby. Either get Coffee or Ryzen. Considering the cost, just get a 1200 and any of the B350/X370 mITX boards. The stock cooler probably won't fit, though. Another alternative would be waiting for cheaper Coffee boards to come out and get the 8100.

For mITX, get a 1x 8GB stick at ≥2800 MHz.

600W is way overkill. 450W is way overkill, but the SF450 is usually among the cheapest decent SFX PSUs. 

The ML08B-H is another case option, might be more practical due to its handle. 

coffee lake is too expensivefor me. im currently researching on ryzen but will a 450w psu enough if i switch to amd?

8 hours ago, TraskJ said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QPsmd6

Here ya go. Should be compatible. Don't worry about the RAM, it should be fine. Double check the stats from the Node 202 and that graphics card though; I've never heard of that brand of GPU, but that might be a function of my location. 

okay thanks :)

1 hour ago, Vedakaiz said:

thanks so much. im not aware of the site before 

so the 450w psu not enough?

coffee lake is too expensivefor me. im currently researching on ryzen but will a 450w psu enough if i switch to amd?

okay thanks :)

So the 450w psu will technically be enough juice for what you're planning on doing. However, I'm not sure of the rating or tier level of that PSU. The quality, essentially. I'm not sure how well it can protect your components against surges and ripple and such. It could be fantastic tier 1, or (more likely) it's tier four or five at least, if not six or seven. I'm not sure where to find the PSU tier list, but @Droidbot created it I believe. 

Current Desktop:

1 hour ago, TraskJ said:

I'm not sure of the rating or tier level of that PSU. The quality, essentially.

No. Not even close. Correlation? Possibly. Rule of thumb? Absolutely not. 

The Integra M belongs in the trash, next to the Thermaltake TR2. 

1 hour ago, TraskJ said:

I'm not sure where to find the PSU tier list, but @Droidbot created it I believe. 

Posted by @STRMfrmXMN, and pinned in the cases and PSUs section

2 hours ago, Vedakaiz said:

The 8100 should cost less than the 7400, and performs a bit better. Amos leaves a much better upgrade path.

Ryzen is more efficient than Kaby and Coffee, so no issues there. With a 450W PSU you're looking at roughly what an overclocked 3960X and 1080 Ti will consume when playing Crysis 3. So plenty. 

6 hours ago, TraskJ said:

So the 450w psu will technically be enough juice for what you're planning on doing. However, I'm not sure of the rating or tier level of that PSU. The quality, essentially. I'm not sure how well it can protect your components against surges and ripple and such. It could be fantastic tier 1, or (more likely) it's tier four or five at least, if not six or seven. I'm not sure where to find the PSU tier list, but @Droidbot created it I believe. 

Thanks i'll check em out later. Though i heard from friends that corsairs psu are good

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

No. Not even close. Correlation? Possibly. Rule of thumb? Absolutely not. 

The Integra M belongs in the trash, next to the Thermaltake TR2. 

Posted by @STRMfrmXMN, and pinned in the cases and PSUs section

Thankyou i'll checkit later

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

The 8100 should cost less than the 7400, and performs a bit better. Amos leaves a much better upgrade path.

Ryzen is more efficient than Kaby and Coffee, so no issues there. With a 450W PSU you're looking at roughly what an overclocked 3960X and 1080 Ti will consume when playing Crysis 3. So plenty. 

Is that for the i5 or i3? Intel cpu here are crazy expensive :(

So i made a system build on pcpartpicker. Will it be okay for ultra 1080p settings? Im also gonna use it for engineering programs such as AutoCad and proteus. Since the ryzen 3 has 4 cores i think it will be okay

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($38.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($85.39 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Toshiba - 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($45.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: GALAX - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB EX OC White Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Node 202 HTPC Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($89.34 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($135.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: BenQ - GW2270 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($88.59 @ Amazon) 
Total: $923.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-11 05:16 EST-0500

13 hours ago, Vedakaiz said:

Thanks i'll check em out later. Though i heard from friends that corsairs psu are good

Thankyou i'll checkit later

Is that for the i5 or i3? Intel cpu here are crazy expensive :(

So i made a system build on pcpartpicker. Will it be okay for ultra 1080p settings? Im also gonna use it for engineering programs such as AutoCad and proteus. Since the ryzen 3 has 4 cores i think it will be okay

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($38.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($85.39 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Toshiba - 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($45.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: GALAX - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB EX OC White Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Node 202 HTPC Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($89.34 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($135.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: BenQ - GW2270 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($88.59 @ Amazon) 
Total: $923.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-11 05:16 EST-0500

Build looks good to me for 1080p ultra. You may want to go for a 2x4 solution for the RAM instead of 1x8 so you can run it dual channel, unless you plan on upgrading later. Also, Windows 10 will cost about the same if you just buy a transferable Home license from Windows, which would be a better choice IMO because you don't run into issues if you change your parts around later. (Pro is much more expensive... but do you actually need Pro, or do you just want to be able to say you have Win10 Pro?) 

Current Desktop: