Which motherboard is best with x299 chipset?

What is the best x299 motherboard?

Which among these motherboard wont need to be upgraded for the next 5 to 10 years? 

Here are my choices:

1.Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME

2.Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX

3.Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 9

4.Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 7

5.ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE

6.MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC

THANKS!!

I would ask myself: what input devices do I expect to use/add in the next 5-10 years. Does it have enough sata ports. Does it have enough memory slots. How much rear end USB does it have. How much front end USB does it have. How easy is it to clean. Because in the end: It's all still x299.

(PS: look at Ryzen, I bet you've got a better upgrade path with those, which you probably would consider after 5 years)

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I would ask myself: what input devices do I expect to use/add in the next 5-10 years. Does it have enough sata ports. Does it have enough memory slots. How much rear end USB does it have. How much front end USB does it have. How easy is it to clean. Because in the end: It's all still x299.

(PS: look at Ryzen, I bet you've got a better upgrade path with those, which you probably would consider after 5 years)

I see. So for beter upgrade path, I should choose the Ryzen path?

Currently: yes. AM4 will get new hardware/CPU's up till AT LEAST 2020. Ryzen+ will use AM4, and it seems Ryzen 2 will also use AM4. And who know what kind of other stuff gets released for AM4 after 2020.

How about going with the Threadripper?? Will that be a good choice of processor rather than the Ryzen??

1 minute ago, russ.ulat said:

How about going with the Threadripper?? Will that be a good choice of processor rather than the Ryzen??

What do plan to do with the system? 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, russ.ulat said:

Depends on your use case. If you need all the cores for workstation purposes, definitely go with Threadripper.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

What do plan to do with the system? 

Productivity, gaming, streaming, basically everything.. LOL.. :D

One more thing is that i love overkill builds.. LOL.. xDxDxD

When asking people questions after they responded, don't forget to @ them or quote a piece of text. Otherwise they don't get a notification at all. It's just that @Crunchy Dragon agreed with my first post, that I went back here to see your question.

And his comment to your question is valid. If you have a semi professional workload, go with Threadripper. But if you are just a normal consumer/user, get Ryzen. If you've got some kind of budget, look for an R5 1600 or R7 1700(x). The 1700 will last a bit longer untill you need to upgrade, because it has usually 2 more cores. (if you are REALLY lucky, there have been R5's which got the wrong labels: they actually have 8 cores)

Just now, russ.ulat said:

Productivity, gaming, streaming, basically everything.. LOL.. :D

One more thing is that i love overkill builds.. LOL.. xDxDxD

It's your choice but if you want to go with Intel then the only CPU you should go with is the i7 8700K.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

It's your choice but if you want to go with Intel then the only CPU you should go with is the i7 8700K.

is the 8700K a better option rather than the 7820X?