Is this a good $2500 CAD build?

Daniel Z.

Support of the product itself.

People were able to get the same OC on those boards. Stop going off of paper and just look at the results themselves. We're not even looking at 300+ boards.

Do you look at one review and go off of it? I'm assuming you were looking gamer nexus' review. Which faik they didn't even have the board to review.

I'd never spend that much for a board, no matter the brand. MSI keeps up with  every other board in its class.

1 minute ago, ShoByte said:

Support of the product itself.

People were able to get the same OC on those boards. Stop going off of paper and just look at the results themselves. We're not even looking at 300+ boards.

Do you look at one review and go off of it? I'm assuming you were looking gamer nexus' review. Which faik they didn't even have the board to review.

I'd never spend that much for a board, no matter the brand. MSI keeps up with  every other board in its class.

So facts don't matter? Being able to run at a frequency is one thing, being able to not kill the VRMs in 2 years is another. And FYI, a better VRM sends a more stable voltage to the CPU, being objectively better for overclocking. You're trying to somehow defend MSI's pricing? 

Component choice isn't affected by opinion, or by whether or not someone has the board. And the fact is, MSI uses crap. 

I go off of facts. And the fact is, most "reviewers" know nothing. I'd rather get facts with component analyses, than by "tech reviewers" that don't even test basics. That's why you get people recommending the Z370 Aorus Ultra, the Z370P, the Corsair VS, the EVGA N1, any Zotac 1080 Ti, B350M Gaming Pro etc. 

The B350M Gaming Pro is easily beaten by the Asrock B350M, any of the small 4-phase boards are beaten by the Pro4, Prime Plus and TUF, the big 4-phase boards (B350 and X370) usually cost about the same as the Prime Pro, and the Xpower Titanium is easily beaten by the Prime Pro. There you go, all of MSI's AM4 boards, and the boards that make them crap in comparison. 

:)

I've ran MSI boards and they've been all stable and still running. Gigabyte is one of the worst companies after you have 3 go on you and their shit support, you'll never go back.

It hasn't even been 2 years, stop speculation. When a mass of MSI motherboards "explode" then say something. Hell I have an AM3 MSI which was suppose to be shit, I had that thing OC'ed pretty much 24/7 and it's still running.