Help with rugadizing my laptop

Hello everyone,

I am building a new portable PC. It's a laptop in the same way the first portable pic was a laptop. It's basically going to be a tower with a handle. 

This being said I need a way to reduce impact damage. 

I know that in some ruggadised laptops they use silicone to fill in the gaps. If this is the best way what type should I use? If not what should I use instead?

4 minutes ago, bendik1704 said:

what parts is it?

I haven't gotten that far. However it will be a full desk top pic that is closely packed into a brief case 

No idea what kind of padding you'd want to use, but I recommend you connect your graphics card to your motherboard with a riser cable, and then mount it to your case, preferably in front of a huge vent. Aside from potentially saving space and lowering temperatures in an otherwise restrictive environment, it will prevent it from ripping your PCIE slot off when you move it around.

3 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

No idea what kind of padding you'd want to use, but I recommend you connect your graphics card to your motherboard with a riser cable, and then mount it to your case, preferably in front of a huge vent. Aside from potentially saving space and lowering temperatures in an otherwise restrictive environment, it will prevent it from ripping your PCIE slot off when you move it around.

Thank you. That was the plan however I didn't know the name of the cable I would need.

You could put rubber feet on the bottom, but what kind of impacts are you looking to protect it from?

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

4 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

You could put rubber feet on the bottom, but what kind of impacts are you looking to protect it from?

When you carry something around it is bound to get bumped. Or maybe dropped

1 minute ago, lieder1987 said:

Cover the corners in pipe insulation.

That's a good idea