Heat issue

Evyn

I recently built my self a cheap gaming rig. it has a i5 2400 (I know old) 8gb ddr3 ram and a rx 560 2gb gpu but just recently I started having thermal issues with my Cooler Master Hyper 103 Universal  when I play games my gpu will sit at 60 degrees max load but the cpu will get 70 to 80 degrees at 60 percent load. please help!

Open the side panel, and check if the fans spin up at all. When you have this side panel removed, also check for dust in the heatsink.

If all looks fine, replace the thermal paste. Maybe it went bad/wasn't applied correctly.

Your temps are fine. Try running a synthetic load like OCCT and seeing if cpu temps get past 80-90c. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker I do think he is having heat issues. 80 degrees C with only a load of 60%, that's running hot.

Topic starter also said he was recently getting thermal issues >>> it has been different in the past. Worth checking out.